back to article Post-nuptial BlackBerry gives birth to Good-looking offspring

BlackBerry completed the $425m acquisition of former bitter rival Good and announced the fruit of their loins today. With plenty of overlap between the two, what's been culled? It's hard to know at this stage, but BlackBerry says the new products reflect BlackBerry's strengths in MDM (mobile device management) and Good's …

1. Keyboard warrior

Bodes well for the future

This is a pretty good fit. From what I understand BES12 is providing the MDM capability and Good Dynamics the Good Work container + Apps. I have been testing this and it works seamlessly. Secure Workspace is going away (thank heavens). Once they consolidate the platform (end of year I gather) then we can have single platform for BB10/AfW/Knox/iOS/Win10. Good lord dont tell me supporting devices will become easy

2. Pedigree-Pete

Phoenix

Go rise Blackberry. You can shove my replacement iThngy where the sun don't shine. Give me back my Blackberry for work use.

3. BurnT'offering

Monsterstein, you may kiss the Bridenstein

In my wildest nightmares, the good apps on iOS and Android mate with the Blackberry desktop on the Mac. The demonic offspring is Lotus Notes. Oh, the horror

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like