back to article Face, meet book: Zuckerberg plans to dabble in AI this year

Having conquered the relatively simple matter of an organic intelligence, Mark Zuckerberg is now trying to master artificial intelligence – or, at least, create a snoopin', cookin' 'n' facial recog 'bot for his house. The Facebook Duke has challenged himself in 2016 "to build a simple AI to run my home and help me with my work …

1. Gotno iShit Wantno iShit
    Thumb Up

I fart in your.....

Took a couple of readings for the 'general direction' part of that to wake the relevant synapse from slumber but it was worth it when it did. Superb work Mr LeCun, I believe the young 'uns of today might even call it lush.

2. Your alien overlord - fear me

"Being French, I felt compelled to send these acronyms in your general direction." and not because I am the director.

1. BebopWeBop

and besides, I work for Facebook, so I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. frank ly

re. Yann LeCun email

Send him a bottle of elderberry wine and a hamster skin cap. He's earned them.

5. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

Ambitious...

"I'll start teaching it to understand my voice to control everything in our home -- music, lights, temperature and so on."

Yeah, that'll take nearly all morning on eBay, four weeks for delivery, and a couple of days to install.

Yawn...

1. Mark 85

Re: Ambitious...

Well.. first his home than everyone else's....

1. JeffyPoooh
        Pint

Re: Ambitious...

No, his home is not going to be first. Voice control of those sorts of household functions is (very) old hat.

It's not really even 'A.I.' as such.

I think he's just saying all this because his wife's gotten a bit cranky, what with the new baby and so on (timing fits) So Mark is trying to placate her with this project. That's my guess.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Demon Seed...

not the AI.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How about an English Nanny?

Emma Thompson in full Nanny McPhee garb? He could afford this.

8. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

What could possibly go wrong?

1. PJF

What could possibly go wrong?

... go wrong... go wrong... go wrong... go wrong... go wrong... ...

9. Nanners

Monkeys are an extinct species.

I'm teaching my child where the off button is. Not sure what's more evil. Google, Facebook, or the us government. Build your doomsday shelter now,

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

His Incisors are terrifying!

HR Giger would be proud.

11. PhilipN Silver badge

Zuck discovers this here thing called IT

Way to go Zuck!

12. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

He wants to create Jarvis?

He has SEEN Age of Ultron, hasn't he?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like