back to article International Space Station braces for pre-Christmas rush

Crew aboard the International Space Station are preparing for a busy run-up to Christmas, with a Cygnus space truck to unload, three new residents due to arrive next week, followed by a Russian resupply mission slated to launch to the orbiting outpost shortly after. Cygnus approaches the ISS yesterday. Pic: NASA TV Cygnus …

1. wyatt

6 months at a time? Not my idea of fun, however amazing the views!

1. phuzz Silver badge
      Thumb Up

No? Well I'd do it in a heartbeat!

2. thedroog

"with a Cygnus space truck to unload" come off it they are just getting Chrimbo deliveries. A few hampers and crates of bev more like it

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

I wonder just how much of the 3,500kg is booze, turkey and Xmas crackers...

1. imanidiot Silver badge

Given ths is not a Russian space freighter probably not that much. That Progress that leaves Baikonur on the 21st however...

2. Lusty

I suspect those who get invited probably get invited because they have been practising things other than drinking so there may be turkey but probably not booze. Crackers are probably quite dangerous given the little bits of foil and metal doohickeys they might release in the weightless environment. Following the launch I can't imagine they need the excitement of crackers though...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

I suspect those who get invited probably get invited because they have been practising things other than drinking so there may be turkey but probably not booze. Crackers are probably quite dangerous given the little bits of foil and metal doohickeys they might release in the weightless environment. Following the launch I can't imagine they need the excitement of crackers though...

You're no fun. I'm sure that by now someone will have developed space crackers. :)

2. DocJames
          Happy

I can't imagine they need the excitement of crackers though...

"The crackers Grommit! We forgot the crackers!" <-- space wouldn't be the same without the crackers. What would you put the slices of moon on?

3. Dom 3

No booze on the ISS

Mir was a different story though.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come on let's go Space Truckin'

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

well played

Have an upvote, while I make a mental note to add Deep Purple to this afternoon's rotation

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Come on let's go Space Truckin'

Did you mean Star Trekkin'?

Try getting that out of your head now :)

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

the worst part is that many of us on here don't even need to click the link. We can recite the lyrics [quite painfully] by heart...

4. DCLXV

Their shipping costs must be insane!

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Coat

Out of this world.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like