back to article Clueless Anonymous asks the powerless to save dolphins

Persons using the name and iconography of online activist collective “Anonymous” (PUTNAIOOACA) are appealing to recently-dethroned world leaders to help them in a fight against Japan's dolphin slaughter program. PUTNAIOOACA operatives are currently running #opkillingbay, an effort to draw global attention to the annual dolphin …

1. Mark 85
    Trollface

Aw... give them a break. They were busy this week and have to be tired. After all, according to some of the popular media, they outed 5,000 to 10,000 ISIS members and wannabees and stopped 4 terrorist attacks.

1. 4love4dolphins

Ms

Omg what is this? Instead of posting things like this which is childish btw, why don't activists work together? Aren't we here for the same cause? You all are only destroying for each other because one of you didn't get attention enough. I thought I was here to save Dolphins and other things very wrong in the world but Clearly I was wrong. You are behaving like a daycare.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think I preferred anonymous when they raided Habbo hotel.

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

10 internet points for remembering Habbo Hotel. gets me thinking about a story on the first wave of social networks and why they failed

1. VinceH

Habbo Hotel - wasn't that one aimed at kids? (ISTR seeing nephews and nieces of mine using it).

I always assumed its purpose was to teach kids that their personal data had no value so they should just hand it over - so that they remained in that mindset as adults.

2. Dan Wilkie

The Habbo raids, they were truly a sight to behold. How I miss the good old days :(

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No surprise

Its an indicatinon of how interested the (likely) young members are in politicians.

Let those who can name 10 or more current MP's without checking on the internet, stand a pace forward...

1. FlamingDeath Silver badge

Re: No surprise

if ($politician == $cabinet) {

print "TWAT" * 10;

}

4. Desidero

For New Zealand they can do @KimDotCom - for most others @DearGreatLeader will suffice.

For US, they can get a headstart with @SomeGOPWingnut.

For all humanity, try @DollyLama [@DollyLlama in Peru]

But for the largest source of intergalactic influence try @TaylorSwift

And for raw naked power, @SmileySirius

1. Desidero

Hmmm... my guess is the downvotes are for SomeGOPWingNut, but maybe someone was upset about me conflating the head of Buddhism with a cloned sheep. Touchy touchy.

5. caffeine addict

"If PUTNAIOOACA are serious about the cause, they really need to get up to speed and target @turnbullmalcom and @JustinTrudeau instead."

@turnbullmalcom looked like the world's most ineptly boring parody account until I remembered his name was Malcom Tucker...

6. h0t_p0ppy

#OpKillingBay Official

The person behind the above mentioned twitter account IS NOT OpKillingBay He used the name only and refuses to delete it. His name Terry Keenan, a plagiarist and well known it the activist community for this.

I myself have worked on #OpKillingBay for 2 years and we do not call for a boycott nor do we ask leaders to intervene. We try to educate people to Taiji and the link to marine parks. ~ @h0t_p0ppy

1. haz_been

Re: #OpKillingBay Official

Hello Helen, Remember me? Your old mentor from the time when OpKillingBay was a true powerhouse for the dolphins. I remember the day you proclaimed the OKB group to be "your group." I remember all the times I was stabbed in the back, by you, and by countless others whose limited knowledge came at least somewhat from me. I know for a fact, that I was completely innocent, worked hard and honestly, and I was bullied mercilessly after asking about a statement made that had no factual basis. You know that it is 100% true also. This is what is the real problem with new anon, you guys have no loyalty, honor, or credibility. Yes, Terry Keenan is an idiot, but you people should have left OKB unplugged the way I left it, with all honor, integrity, credibility, and respect intact. Now look at it, no longer being Anon is great, but seeing the disgrace our hard work became, really hurts. Yea, I can drop town.taiji.wakayama.jp now, but you guys refuse to even accept that truth. One guy who bullied me claimed anon had kept that site down for 2 weeks, and the others agreed. Oh Please, you know yourself that is not true. I hope you are happy with yourself and what you charlatans did to me. I'm much happier gone, but I put too much of myself into OKB to silently endure more nonsense and rubbish.

7. 4love4dolphins

STOP THIS KEENAN

He got his dream fullfilled. When he access the water you immediately hear a calling, the calling comes from a female and in my belief she's studying him who he is and at the same time signal to others that they have a visitor. The typical flipping is so they can see you better. This is awesome. From Nordnytt Norway 15 November. Enjoy /Kimberly #EmptyTheTanks

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like