back to article Moshe's monster seven-nines disk box blooms

Infinidat, the creation of storage industry guru Moshe Yanai, saw 61 per cent quarter-over-quarter growth in the third quarter. The five-year-old, privately-owned company produces high-end file/block access external arrays with seven-nines (99.99999 per cent) availability and fast disk loss rebuild times, with a claimed sub- …

1. DubyaG

But...

Infinidat's home page uses Flash video. Darn it, I can't watch their engrossing video because I won't use Flash. I would think they would be using something more modern.

1. El Storage Guy

Re: But...

oh, something hurts I can tell.... you know you want to watch it ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

For someone who just deployed this in production, it lives up to the hype! Finally a piece of storage that you can roll in, in a single cabinet, plug in, zone and be up and running within an hour. The plug-in tools give ease of use to VMware, no jumping around to different interfaces wondering if everything is configured correctly. Sub ms speeds, tons of space, 3 controller node performance. Yea, I sound like a seller; but when you get something that works, spend a year beating management around until they get it in their heads the main storage vendors are selling old technology, and actually prove it: fantastic!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Does it support FICON, offsite mirroring & replication?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Asynchronous remote replication is supported according to the product's datasheet I saw. I'm almost sure I heard one of the sales guys say something about FICON. Not 100% though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like