back to article EMC-Dell dynamic duo: Mike's my ‘brother from another mother’ – Tucci

Michael Dell has named one Dell exec – Rory Read – and one EMC exec – Howard Elias – to oversee deduplication of the two companies’ product lines. “Rory’s new job is he’s going to lead integration for the Dell side, reporting to me," said Michael Dell, in response to a question from the floor during an all-hands meeting to …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

“There’s a lot to be said for the EMC strategy, which was to allow these units [Pivotal et al] to flourish and grow, aided by the parent company," he added. "Now, the parent company just got a whole lot larger – or will become a whole lot larger – and is a privately controlled company. So that continues to give us lots of flexibility.”

Whelp, there goes 'Dell Storage' damn shame, great platform architecturally with lots of room for innovation.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Fail Squared is Still a Fail

If Pivotal and other members of the star trek Federation had been successful then Dell would not be doing the buying. Doubling down of failure is unlikely to produce 'value'.

2. MityDK

Quite simply.. there's a ton of product overlap, and EMC's products in almost every case.. VNX, VMAX, ISILON, Xtremio, Atmos, Scale IO, VMWare, Vspex Blue, Data Domain are either market leaders or far superior to what Dell has.

Dell's value proposition is hey look how super cheap our kit is! Did we mention it's basically free?

Dell's days as a storage company *cough* are over.

You know how they are going to pay their debt load? No more R&D cash burn on the EMC side.

3. luis river

DELL&EMC RIP

Michael Dell and Joe Tucci emphasised their friendship, with Tucci describing Dell-the-man as “my brother from a different mother".... Now that you pocketed their part speaks,¡flattering! Dell &EMC ¡RIP!

4. Bota

"it’s go big or go home. And we’re going big, baby"

Dr Phil?

5. Terafirma-NZ

so simple solution sell some of the overlapping storage to Lenovo as the other article said they are left without storage now.

1. avh

lenovo did an oem deal with dothill

Lenovo Storage S3200 & S2200 comes from DotHill and I think that will fits very nicely in there portfolio.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like