back to article Seagate sales droop: It was a nearline miss, says CEO

Something is still amiss with disks, but not PCs this time: Seagate warns that its latest quarter’s revenues will be 23 per cent less than a year ago, continuing the revenue slide seen in the previous quarter, blamed on low PC sales. For its first fiscal 2016 quarter, which finished on 2 October, Seagate expects revenues of …

1. Nevermind

Ethernet filling

Hmm yummy ethernet filled drives....whassat then?

1. Bill M

Re: Ethernet filling

Ain't got a clue.

Prefer things filled with ethanol.

2. Linker3000
      Headmaster

Re: Ethernet filling

8000GigaBaseHe?

2. P.B. Lecavalier

Yawn

8TB? Maybe in the server market some could enjoy that. But in the consumer segment, I just don't see what intelligent life form could need this. What about people taking N pictures of themselves a day, in high resolution, where N is a huge integer, and keep them all? Again, I said intelligent life form.

Or maybe a superior life form. You know, those who can really see a meaningful difference between high definition and "ultra" high definition. Necessarily, those individuals can also see x-rays and smell dark matter.

3. Ilsa Loving

I don't buy seagate anymore

I remember when Seagate was THE manufacturer you went to for hard drives. But now? I won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Of the half dozen drives I've purchased in the last 5 years, not a single one is still functioning. Their hybrid drives in particular are shockingly shoddy. I replaced it 4 times before just giving up.

And based on conversations with friends, it's not just me having extraordinarily bad luck. They've had seagate drives that prematurely fail as well. So yeah, maybe Seagate needs someone to blame for their poor financials, perhaps they need to look in a mirror.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like