back to article Lab tech supplier redefines corporate song paradigm

Fans of artistic crimes against humanity foisted on an unsuspecting world by companies who really believe that setting their mission statements to music will result in something other than incredulous laughter will certainly enjoy this product pitch from lab tech supplier Eppendorf International: A still from Eppendorf's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oh my god

i feel dirty, i don't believe I watched and listened to that. please god make the memory go!

2. Dalek13
    Stop

SOP Change Required.

Can I suggest that whatever was in that pipette, she'd best do that work in a fume cabinet next time!

Just what were they thinking when they commissioned this?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Hey, darling...

... Want to see my pipette...?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And the sad thing is...

...that will be the last thing the guys in the video ever do in the world of marketing. Better go for that McD's ad next time - looks better in your portfolio!

5. V

Journo Trap

This is a "Journo Trap" pure and simple. (Like a tourist trap, but for desperate journos with nothing else to write about on a hot July day.)

It's well put together- very well put together, a very "knowing" pro job - and its aim is to get linked to as "faux-embarrasing".

Which Lester has...

6. Marc Lawrence
    Joke

Oh dear

I understand it....

arghhhhhhh Pity I dont get the lady...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

It's top drawer stuff

Come on El Reg - they *definitely* know what they are doing, full marks to them for irony factor 10.

It could almost have been done by Goldie Lookin' Chain.

8. Cris E
    Boffin

I hope those were employees

Tell me that's not an actual boyband attempting to make a living with these talents. And as for the intent, of course it was silly. Try to imagine your next several ad campaigns for automated pipette technology without getting a little goofy.

9. Kenneth Chan
    Boffin

I showed it to the Lab and...

50% (mostly younger summer students) don't get it.

the rest of us who lived through all those boy bands of the 90's were laughing our guts out....

And yes, all of us got the jokes.... 100% Lab Rats....

10. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Would you trust a company...

...that can't even pronounce "pipette" properly?

Ignorami!

11. this

fabulous

I really loved it.

12. Law
    Dead Vulture

o....m.....g

This is worse than one of those sabotage videos that are really dark and quiet, so you go next to the screen - then BOO, it screams and flashes evil images at you and sh*ts you up.... but this is much worse.... so much worse... it will haunt me for ever.... damn you el-reg.... DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!! <shakes_fist />

13. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

That's nearly as bad as .....

..... Bonekickers.

p.s. I said nearly.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I liked it so much I've emailed it

MWAH mwah mwah guffaw snigger <doubles up in uncontrollable fits of laughter and feels a little bit of wee escape>

That's absolutely brilliant. (yup - another former labrat here)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

FTLOC

My companies bluecoat filters will let me watch this ******* ****, but not the USB popcorn vid? What sick SOB is working in networking today?

Looks like it is time for an unplanned power outage on one server rack.

Mine is the one with 'Facilities Infrastructure' on the back.

16. Steven Knox
    Boffin

Pronunciation

From dictionary.com:

pipette: /paɪˈpɛt, pɪ-/

Looks like they were using the second pronunciation, which I believe is the more common one.

Pedantry is not espousing your own personal choice, but enforcing correctness. Oh, and real pedants identify themselves.

17. John Browne
    Thumb Down

Did you really think I would play the video?

No way; reading the lyrics was bad enough.

This goes on my list of things I *absolutely must not do*, alongside murder, suicide, arson etc.

Anyway, if you really need to see a robot operating a pipette, most episodes of CSI show one, plus you get a decent script.

Enough said.

18. bob_blah

Great viral campaign

This is a great example of how 'viral marketing' just doesn't work for products that will never be considered 'cool'. They've obviously spent a lot of money on the ironic factor, making something that will draw lots of hits to the site.

Problem is though that after the commissioning company has paid for the ad and the bandwidth, they will have sold exactly zero more of their products. The best they are going to get out of this is a fantastic ripoff of it performed by their staff (those that can face going back to work) at the company's Christmas function. And a large bill from the 'creative types'

19. Josh Holman

Can we see that just once more?

I get the sense of it. I just don't understand it.

20. Mike Crawshaw
    Flame

@1451 AC "Bonekickers"

You mean that *factual documentary* that was on the other night about how the Knights Templar were jolly fellows who built schools and hospitals? And how Friday the 13th is actually unlucky because it was a Friday 13th that saw the KTs being attacked, rather than, as I always thought, because JC was nailed to a tree on a Friday 13th, after having tea with 12 of his mates the night before?

Hang on, d'ya mean that it ISN'T actually OK to burn to death a religious nutter and then piss off to the pub? But it SAID beforehand that it would be factually accurate!

Bugger. Guess I'd better make some new plans for the weekend, then...

Fire.... lovely fire...

21. David Pollard

Crowbarring open the drinks cabinet?

Now calm down. If the drinks are in that glass-fronted mahogany-veneer cabinet it's only a 2-lever job, and this can be tickled with a couple of pairs of compasses; or maybe even stout paperclips. So ask Ms Stob to tell you a story while you get to work and let's hear no more of this talk of crowbars. (And if you get stuck, the back simply unscrews, though this would spoil the fun.)

22. John Dougald McCallum

@Crowbarring open the drinks cabinet?

Have you seen the picture of the Reg Staff?

The drinks cabinet will probibly need some detcord in the key hole if not around the combination lock to open it.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Scott Adams was there years ago

It's in Dilbert's Joy of Work where a man claiming to be Ray Mebert (read that surname again) gets people to agree to set the worst ever corporate mission statement to music. All in the name of performance art.

24. b166er

Don't tell me,

you've got an epMotion in the drinks cabinet mixing up the cocktails!

25. Tim Brown

Could've been worse

Could've been "Don't ya wish ya lab assistant was hot like me..."

And when was the last time you saw a girl that hot in your laboratory?

26. Alphabet Soup
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

We're in biotech so I've sent it to all the lab-rats. I'll just give them a couple of hours to rehearse their moves ...

27. Fuzzy
    Dead Vulture

Ah the humanity

Ah sweet merciful god Make it stop, make it stop, I’ll tell you anything, I’ll buy anything, just make the images and noise stop.

and just like the dead vulture so too is my will to live

28. pctechxp

on a par in terms of cheese with

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/17/vista_video_mocks_bruce/

29. Jos
    Happy

still laughing

I can't stop laughing after seeing this one :-) My girlfriend doesn't see the humour at all but she's laughing too (because of me I'm afraid).

This is meant seriously? Really.... forgive me for any typos right now, I can't see clearly anymore.

Didn't LOL that much since the last BOFH.

Thanks for the fun. I needed that.

Cheers,

Jos

no way this is serious.. Is it?

30. Daniel
    Heart

beautiful

just beautiful.

I particularly liked the burst of UFO spotting at the end there. Shouldn't those lads be on the cover of WiReD?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like