back to article Netflix to complete global rollout, add 120+ countries by end of 2016

Netflix has announced it “will expand into South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan in early 2016 as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of next year.” The last part of the sentence is perhaps the most significant as the company has previously merely hinted at its rollout plans, telling investors in a letter …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can't keep growing by adding more territories

At some point they're going to have to concentrate on adding fresh content, or their existing subscribers will be drifting away once they've watched all the Sons of Anarchy episodes or whatever it was that so excited them on Day 1.

1. Thecowking

Re: Can't keep growing by adding more territories

They do keep adding new things, my to watch list is growing faster than I can watch it.

They've been especially good in adding 70s kung fu films and anime recently, which has appealed to my interests at least. I don't check the other things they add, but I would be surprised if they weren't adding more things to other categories.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Can't keep growing by adding more territories

It seems to me that they cheat. They drop a film and then add it later and make out that's it's something new.

Didn't I read that they've just lost a deal which will mean even fewer films will be available?

It looks to me that they're beginning to struggle a bit...... well for things I want to watch anyway......

2. Stumpy

The problem I find with them is that they only add a few movies that I like to watch. They're great if you want to watch TV series (although we need to have Game of Thrones on there!) ... but I rarely watch much in the way of the TV content.

Plus, their website and catalog search functions suck.

3. Drudgery Leak

If only I had the time to watch that much I would re-join a postal DVD service, not an on-line portal with severely limited choice.

4. marcsonn

Get things, keep things

While I don't argue too much with the content on Netflix, it would be nice if they would keep the stuff I like. Too often, I go out the to watch something I have in the past, only to find that it's no longer there. I guess I'm a sucker with certain classic flicks. Buy the Blu-Ray, I guess.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would be nice if UK got same content as the US. Should not have to use a VPN.

1. Jan 0 Silver badge

Could be even nicer

What about all these new countries, will we be able to watch their films as well?

6. John 104

Slowly Failing

I've been a subscriber since the early 2000's. I've watched the streamable content decline steadily over the years. Less and less classics and current content, and more and more B and C movies and foreign films. Oh, and lots of TV shows that I don't care about. They need to expand less and grow content more. Then they will keep subscribers. I'm about ready to cancel and just use Prime...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like