Publishing non-fiction book/feature article

This topic was created by 1980s_coder .

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Eddy Ito

Re: Publishing non-fiction book/feature article

I think you first need to answer the question of what is the genre you're really interested in. Is it more memoir type stuff or 'how to'? If you're strictly looking to monetize then my best estimate would be to write articles that are easy to put together in book form so you can derive income from each installment. The thing to remember is that even if the individual pieces draw from a whole you don't want the whole to become repetitive when it is compiled all together. In simple terms, it's code for the mind so write your functions so they can stand alone but avoid shooting yourself in the foot when you compile main().

1. Eddy Ito
          Pint

Re: Publishing non-fiction book/feature article

Happy to help but I didn't tell you anything you didn't already know. I simply pointed out that when you code for humans you're quite limited by the language and the fault tolerance is much lower than when doing code for computers... more or less.

2. singhneha

Internet is made to share Information. Original & Genuine Contents are Quite Rare. For Interactive platform of various Information watch out JHARAPHULA.

3. Eion MacDonald

As the source is 'rambling' (i.e. many disparate incidents) I suggest magazine articles or series , then when interest aroused expand to a short or long book. Hard work is finding the magazine.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"In just two years, I had money stolen, romance, marriage, infidelity (not by me), divorce, death threats, land purchase, stayed in a rural location during the world cup, visited places that foreign tourists never venture to, tried to sue somebody, had my apartment flooded with water, and much more."

Thank you for the wonderful article on your experiences.

Please find attached a cheque for 49 x 12p = 588p

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon