back to article Violin's breakeven within reach, but revenues still falling

It's like looking at a drawing of an iceberg when you know the bulk of it is under water; Violin Memory's revenues and net income I mean. Look at all that red ink below the profit waterline! Violin_revs_to_Q2_fy2016 Violin Memory's revenue and net income history In its latest, second, fiscal 2016 quarter Violin's revenues …

1. msknight

To quote Kermit in, "The Pig Calypso"...

Bib and napkin,

Knife and fork,

Is the only way,

That I'll touch pork.

(don't ask how I know those lyrics from memory.)

2. Gigabob

Only with Blinders can Violin be heard

Flash competition is really heating up. PCIe interfaces for SSD's reduce Violin advantages, NVMe drives getting ready to commoditize and 3DXP is coming and Hybrid DIMMs are very interesting. As an Enterprise customer, Violin must get much cheaper for consideration over the next 3 quarters. They are not on my 4 quarter capital spending list - not sure where that puts them in 6.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Put a fork in 'em

They are done.

4. Cantinflas

But he also said...

I'm surprised there is no mention here of: "...we have invested in an extensive review of our intellectual property portfolio. As a pioneer of the all flash array market, this portfolio contains a wealth of essential patents needed to build storage systems, based on flash array architectures. We have also continued to expand our intellectual property with our new flash storage platform offerings. Based on the breadth and depth of our IP portfolio, we believe that we are well-positioned to deliver additional value to shareholders as we explore options for monetizing our intellectual property." This implies the possibility of litigating against VMEM's patent infringers. People forget that VMEM holds seminal patents on flash utilization in enterprise storage devices; nearly all the major vendors are at risk.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like