back to article Music curation site This Is My Jam to be marmaladed next month

To the wailing of music geeks and the gnashing of audiophiles' teeth, music curation site This Is My Jam (TIMJ) has announced it will be shutting down in September. Launched in 2011, TIMJ hosted a song-suggesting community in which roughly 200,000 users carefully curated music they believed others ought to listen to. More …

1. Mage Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Amazing!

Amazon bought IMDB, abe books, Mobi, Book depositary, Goodreads. Why not this.

Or Apple, or Google or Spotify.

maybe they were not for sale?

1. flokie

Re: Amazing!

This was never a commercial website - it's possible one of the companies you mention could find a way to monetize it, but they're probably more interested in directing users to their own walled gardens.

TIMJ let you pick any song off Youtube/Soundcloud/HypeM etc and accepted direct links or you could upload an MP3. The idea being that you just need a browser to listen to songs other have shared and no specific subscription/application.

Looking at their blog, the time they had to spend keeping the code linking to various platforms up to date is one of the reasons why they're shutting down.

I'll miss the site, it was a cool idea and I've discovered a few songs and artists over the years through it.

2. David Harper 1

Dr Pedantic writes ...

There's no trailing slash on /dev/null

It's a pseudo-device, not a directory.

3. Big Ed

Not to be Confused With...

"That's My Jam"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YfvW0kYjXw

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon