back to article FCC now regulates ISPs – but don't take your complaints to the watchdog just yet

Tom Wheeler, chairman of America's broadband watchdog the FCC, has insisted that "we know what we're doing," as his regulator gobbles up more and more power. This is despite him acknowledging that the FCC isn't sure how far its authority stretches – and that it doesn't have crucial rules and guidelines in place. At a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I shouldn't call him ijit pie, but please.

As far as the difference between telco and internet:

telelphone number = ip addresses and mac addresses

audio = everything else

Looks simple to me.

1. Vic

Looks simple to me.

Audio over IP?

Vic.

2. Mark 85

Given the bodies involved here, I'm suspecting that the new and "improved" agency will be mandated by Congress to take over the FTC and FCC role in internet areas which will create even more confusion when a telco is also an ISP.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So sad...

The FCC and FTC are so inept and incompetent they don't have a clue and they don't enforce U.S. law. They pander to criminal corporations and allow consumers to be defrauded 24/7. IMO the chair persons at the FTC and FCC should do jail time for dereliction of duty to the public. You'd have to make a real concerted effort to do even a remotely as bad of job as the FCC and FTC have done in failing the people who pay their salaries.

4. Nameless Faceless Computer User

The FTC has a reputation for protecting corporations, not consumers. Look at the horrible job they've done with the "Do Not Call" list in the U.S. which designed to take the teeth out of state-level legislation. They've always been in bed with the Direct Marketing Association.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wheeler has his eyes closed...

...because he has not a clue.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like