back to article BOFH: Printer cartridge? What printer cartridge?

"Simon, Stephen, this is David and uhh... " the Boss says, petering out as his memory fails. "Carl," David says. "Carl. And they'll be running the new Multifunction Printing Device rollout." "I... What multifunction printing device rollout?" the PFY asks. "The Multifunction Printing Device Project? There was a whole …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nick

Ahhh..

Service as normal has resumed. I did think they were going a bit easy on him...!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: Ahhh..

I love a happy ending.

BOfH & PFY happy and the Boss's carreer ending.

3. Kevin Bess

Anyone notice....

Anyone notice that episodes 19 and 21 are missing from the list. They aren't missing from the server, just the list...... the PFY at work again.... LOL

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missed out the most important part...

The fact that the users, when told they are losing their *personal* printers, will riot.

Not a previous BOFH tale as far as I remember, but it's practically what happened at our place when we rolled out MFDs....

"Jenkins from the directorate - I remember him...moaning about not having a printer on his desk any more....

...he deserved to die.

They *all* deserve to die..."

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

almost the exact same thing...

I used to run a printing/copying/graphic processing center for a large, faceless corporation.

Management ordered something like a year and a half of toner for some printers that were due to be replaced (also by their edict) in less than a month.

When I told them about it, they just said "Toss them out"... such a waste of money. After a couple of weeks I onsold them to another company for pennies to the dollar, which actually worked out to a nice bit of unreported income for me.

Pity I couldn't figure out a way to do it that would have also gotten some hack manager fired and arrested at the same time though.

6. James Cleveland

Tsk.

I do hope that the unmentioned part of the story was them taking and selling the cartridges for their own profit!

Or I'd think he's getting soft ;]

7. Matt Duszynski

What?

Why would someone like the BOFH recommend replacing laser printers with MFDs? Now he's going to get three times more calls!

"I can't print!"

"I can't scan!"

"I can't copy!"

"I can't get coffee to come out of it!"

8. Dax Farrer

Coffee

More like you cant stop coffee coming out of it.

9. Mark Roome

Re: Anyone notice....

There are more that just those episodes missing, 13 and 1 are also ... misplaced

10. Tim J

Help!

I can't get my printer to print this page - can someone help me?

11. Bushy Maunder

Useless info...

The complete BOFH from day dot to now (in pure text) is now at 2.744 meg?

...and not one single episode missing.

12. Jeremiah Steidl

missing episodes

See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/01/22/register_tariff/

I wonder if authors get discounted rates?

13. Matt Duszynski

Re: Re: Anyone Notice...

The "missing" episodes can be found by following the "Earlier Stories..." link at the bottom of the page.

Still no word as to why certain episodes (1, 13, 19, 21) are mitigated there as opposed to a more natural progression (1, then 2, then 3, etc.)

-M.Duszynski

This topic is closed for new posts.