back to article Vectone Mobile gone for the week, don't know when it'll be back

MVNO Vectone Mobile's service has been down for days, with the company offering no indication as to when it might resume, or any public statement acknowledging the depth of the blunder. To the fury of customers who believe they have received inadequate support and information, the MVNO issued a "sincere" apology to those …

1. Ian 55

Vectone who?

I'm sure it's tragic for its customers, but... who?

2. frank ly

"The Register did not receive an answer when it rang the company,..."

Well, ......

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: "The Register did not receive an answer when it rang the company,..."

SOP then.... Not news, move along there, (and to quote /.) Film at 11.

3. Anthony Hegedus Silver badge

Isn't vectone one of those "not proper" mobile companies which simply sells cheap SIM cards with bundled minutes to countries only people in the areas in which they advertise would ever need to ring?

1. Paw Bokenfohr

Well, they do offer some good deals to call international destinations, but they do also have a £10 a month unlimited calls, texts, and data plan for the UK. Which has got to be tempting if you're on a tight budget and need a mobile.

1. Ian 55

.. and does explain why they've out of business.

4. Alistair
    Windows

MVNO

The Virtual network you are trying to reach has been mobilised out of this area of operations.

5. horizn

Vectone international calls and Internet

Well, I bought Vectone SIM card only for one reason: Cheap international calls to Poland. Unfortunately, Vectone uses cheap (FCT's) VoIP providers and usually all I can hear is "It is not possible to make a call, try again later" or "Number you are trying to reach dos not exists".

Regarding to to Internet access: 2Mb ADSL BT line is faster...

6. Slap

The solution is bloody obvious.

As the title says. My solution is to keep hold of my "old" mobile, as opposed to selling it to get the latest and greatest, and then repurpose it with a cheap PAYG sim card from a vendor that uses a different network to my main phone.

If one network goes down then I have the other - it's so bloody obvious that I'm gobsmacked whenever I hear of somebody winging that their network is down.

1. Jay 2

Re: The solution is bloody obvious.

Unless someone is trying to call your normal number...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like