back to article FBI to 'aggressively' probe St Louis Cardinals in baseball 'hack' storm

The St Louis Cardinals – the perennial good guys of pro baseball – are being investigated by the FBI after someone allegedly gatecrashed computer systems belonging to the Cardinals' former rivals, the Houston Astros. Office staff at the Cardinals may have gained unauthorized access to the Astros' internal databases using …

1. Irongut

They take rounders strangely seriously on that side of the pond.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And soccer. And Cycling. Actual crime - say governmental corruption - not so much.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And soccer. And Cycling. Actual crime - say, governmental corruption: not so much.

2. Dan Paul

Insecure Passwords

are the same as having no password at all, so there was no hacking involved.

Anyone who uses the same passwords in their new job as they did on the old one, deserves to have their database ravaged.

If you have easily guessed passwords and your data is online then too bad for you.

It is the same as leaving the safe door open and expecting they won't take the money.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Insecure Passwords

It may not be hacking, but it is still unauthorized access. If I leave my front door unlocked, that doesn't give you the right to walk into my house and rummage around in my belongings.

1. Mark 85
        Joke

Re: Insecure Passwords

You're right... we need to write the Chinese, the Russians, the NSA, etc. a strongly worded note about their "unauthorized access" to all things.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Really?

I guess this must be much more important than Comcast cable's violation of numerous laws that have been documented and supplied to the FCC? You can get all of the justice you can afford - in the U.S.

1. 142

Re: Really?

FBI != FCC

The FBI have a pretty good track record of getting involved in hacking/computer crime cases, if reported the right way. Even low level ones like personal impersonation/harassment/fraud.

4. asheep

Perennial Good Guys?

Are the sarcasm tags missing?

5. ecofeco Silver badge

It's all over now

It's the beginning of the end or at least a new low.

Just wow.

6. JaitcH
    WTF?

Does the FBI smell another ...

FIFA size scandal?

Anything to get bigger budgets.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missing IRS Emails

i wonder when they are going to start looking for the IRS emails and Hillary's emails? Probably a higher profile than some baseball team.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like