back to article The $60,000 logo: What it costs to change a website

Swapping logos on its Website cost nbnTM more than AU$60,000, it's emerged in a Senate Estimates hearing. It's also possible that the cost of swapping brand from NBN Co to the new theme could exceed a million dollars, well above the $700,000 originally reported. The higher cost came in answers given to Estimates by …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

$60,000 for this?!

Did that $60,000 help connect anyone to this network? No.

Did that $60,000 help alleviate the teething troubles existing customers are having with this network? No.

Did that $60,000 help extend the coverage or usefulness of the network in any way whatsoever? No.

What was the point in this supposedly "cheaper" NBN if they are going to blow it on frivolous expenses like new logos and rebranding?

1. Thorne

Re: $60,000 for this?!

The rebranding has successfully achieved a very important task.

It has taken your mind off the dog of a system the Liberals are installing.......

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Indeed, one which "Lump, the no-legged dog"¹ with a USB stick could out-run.

2. Cpt Blue Bear

No, the important task was giving a chunk of public money to someone's mates in the advertising industry. They were having real trouble getting their snouts into this public trough.

2. Andy Mac
    WTF?

$60,000 to copy and paste a png?

I could have done it for half the price!

I notice they haven't stumped up the other $60,000 to change their domain name...

3. The Morgan Doctrine

Good Gig if You Can Land It

I put Oracle on the map for a lot less. Salesforce, too.

4. Diogenes

Branding ?

Why we will all be connected to it anyway ?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

60K for re badging

I've built entire government sites for far less.

These guys are wasters.

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

Wow

The thing I can no longer connect to has a new logo.

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

Whale-song and hipster beards all round!!

7. LaeMing
    Flame

So,

Can I deduct my share of that from my next tax bill?

8. Griffo

Nothing to See Here

Meh. You should have seen how much they spent the first time around on their website(s). It makes the $1m pale into insignificance.

However.. at that time they were attempting to turn a startup company into a national sized enterprise in a matter of months. Cash was not a problem, only velocity.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon