back to article Facebook is VIOLATING your SEXUAL privacy, warn Belgian data cops

Belgium’s privacy watchdog has pilloried Facebook for its tracking of users and non-users, saying it is in breach of EU law. The Commission de Protection de la Vie Privée (CPVP) said it was staggered by the fashion in which Facebook tramples users’ rights and tracks them across the web whether they want it or not. The Belgian …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Facebook is VIOLATING your SEXUAL privacy, warn Belgian data cops.

That's ok only cnuts use it anyway

2. O RLY

The first sentence of the article: "Belgium’s privacy watchdog has slammed Facebook for its tracking of users and non-users" (emphasis mine). Your reading comprehension is nearly as good as your spelling.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
      Black Helicopters

Now replace Facebook with Google...

3. Graham Marsden
    Meh

And Facebook replied...

... Meh! Who gives a Zuck?

4. Mark 85

So what else is new? FB wants to be the new Google... Now if there were was a sure-fire way of stopping the slurping from the likes of them and the 5-eyes other than staying offline, that would be news.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Care to offer a link to that report?

"One of the biggest concerns raised in a report drawn up for the Commission by the University of Leuven and iMinds "

1. Patrick R
      Holmes

Re: Care to offer a link to that report?

http://www.law.kuleuven.be/icri/en/news/item/icri-cir-advises-belgian-privacy-commission-in-facebook-investigation

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Shukran.

1. Vic

Shukran.

Surely "Zuckran" ?

Vic.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

> Surely "Zuckran" ?

Funny. :-) But shukran is a transliteration of the Arabic interjection !شكرا, meaning simply "gracias".

6. Iain Gilbert

Oh the ironing of no-script blocking a facebook script on the register's page talking about facebook's creepy tracking.

1. nematoad

"Oh the ironing..."

Yeah, you shouldn't get too starchy over Facebook's practises.

Could it be that you meant irony?

1. Iain Gilbert

Never!

;)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is kind of ironic ...

... that Ghostery reports that it is blocking Facebook Connect on El Reg articles (but not on the comments pages).

8. Fihart

Does this work ?

As I like to use Facebook, I do so exclusively via Firefox with History turned off. All other browsing is via Opera.

9. squigbobble

Stupid skim-reading brain

misread it as "Facebook is VIOLATING your SEXUAL potency"

10. squigbobble

FB ads vs. my life

The only thing I've noticed about them is they consistently try to sell me something I've just bought or sold (yes, sold) on eBay.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like