back to article We're off to DC! Silicon Valley startups start up law lobbying machine

Fresh from pressuring politicians in Indiana, Arkansas and Arizona to backtrack on social policy, Silicon Valley is heading to Washington DC to push the startup mindset into public policy discussions. A group of VCs, including Napster founder Sean Parker and big name investor Ron Conway, have set up the Economic Innovation …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't know why but

every time a group of filthy rich people starts to care about the public good, I suddenly feel uncomfortable.

1. Mark 85

Re: I don't know why but

Only uncomfortable? I'm terrified given past history. Ok.. a nice single malt and lie down.. I'll either be ok or more terrified.

2. boba1l0s2k9

Where's Tim?

Mr. Worstall seems like he'd have a more informed perspective with respect to economics.

1. Erika G

Re: Where's Tim?

I liked the article, found it a well-needed respite from the Worstallian onslaught sweeping over El Reg these days.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It looks to me it's the new "enterpreneur" to drive most jobs to low-paid ones.

Offshoring what they can - and even what they should have not, treating skilled workers as "disposable" and "easily replaceable" ones - just looking at costs - and we see it from the low-quality of many produtcs and projects. And would we like to remember the cartel made by Silicon Valley companies to keep developers wages low?

There's also the lack of investment due to the fact those companies keep money off-shore becaue they're terrified to have to pay the taxes their employees - and smaller companies - pay...

Probably we need far less "modern enterpreneurs", and more old-style ones, those who were actually able to create wealth for a whole nation, not only a few overpaid CEOs mostly diconnected from reality...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like