back to article British Judo in deep shido after cyber attack

The British Judo Association has temporarily shut down its online membership application system after an illegal intrusion snagged some members' details. The association is grappling with an information breach that has possibly tossed members' credit card info right into the clutches of online criminals. The BJA has warned …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

/me is waiting for all of the people that know 4 or 5 words in Japanese to debate over the meaning of shido.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Shido = penalty

Yay, something I can answer!

Shido is a penalty awarded if someone slightly breaks the rules in a Judo match.

(Such as having your arm all around their neck - headlock style or dropping to your knees for a throw). Think it's minus 3 points? It has been a while...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awesome Vladimir Putin lookalike blackbelt photo too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Err it is Putin.

1. phil dude
        Thumb Up

nostalgia...

I believe the same phrase was used for Steven "tubby" Segal...

Not a lookalike, actual performer.

P.

1. x 7

Re: nostalgia...

Segal?

He's a seventh or eighth Dan in hapkido, maybe even higher by now.

Not someone to piss off, even if he is tubby.....

1. John R. Macdonald

Re: nostalgia...

Actually he is a seventh dan in Aikido.

2. Chris G

So the Putin pic is there because he is a BJA member and has had his credit card details stolen, or he stole them?

3. James 51

At least they're handling the breach right.

4. A Non e-mouse Silver badge

PCI Compliance

we are aware that an unauthorised person has illegally gained access ... despite the system being PCI compliant.

Remember, PCI Isn't strictly about keeping credit card details safe: It's about allowing the credit card companies to pass the blame onto you.

5. DNTP

association is grappling with an information breach

I see what you did there.

Seriously though out of all the possible people to rob I would have drawn the line somewhere before "people who know how to choke you to death in three seconds without leaving obvious marks".

1. James 51

Re: association is grappling with an information breach

Well to death would take a little bit longer than three seconds but I was thinking the same thing. A guy who had a black belt in various -istu's once told me you'll never see a group of more polite and considerate drunk guys than at their annual local governing body bash because you don't want to start a fight there accidentally or otherwise. The place also took the bouncers off for the night too for some reason :P

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon