back to article Watch out hipster nerds – Granny Beskind's behind you!

In a push back against the twenty-something, misogynistic Silicon Valley culture – along comes nonagenarian Barbara Beskind. Barbs was featured on NBC's Today show – one of those Friday human interest stories that is fun but risks dragging on a bit too long and so gradually loses your interest [uh-huh -Ed]. Well, Barbara …

1. skeptical i
    Thumb Up

Go Granny, go, Granny, go, Granny, go!

Nice to see the Beach Boys' Little Old Lady from Pasadena is alive, well, and raising cane, albeit a little further north of Colorado Boulevard. Curious to know what's replaced her her four speed stick and her four-twenty-six shiny red Super-Stock Dodge.

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: Go Granny, go, Granny, go, Granny, go!

raising cane

Nice. I'm going to steal that.

2. Chris G

She looks and sounds as though she still has all her marbles in one bag, doesn't sound like a gushy Californian and seems to talk sense.

Good on the old girl!

When I see some of the things my 92 year old dad has bought to help him out in the house it is clear that a lot of designers have no clue as to the real needs of older people ( or often anyone else).

1. proud2bgrumpy

I am continually _amazed_ at the level of poor design and poor thought that goes into products. My favourite (by which I mean most annoying) example being the battery hand vac, that I bought which when mounted in its charger (which I recently wall mounted as per instructions) causes all the dirt to fall out again - f*****g useless.

3. AsherGoldbergstein

"In a push back against the twenty-something, misogynistic Silicon Valley culture" ..and I'm done reading.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      Trollface

So much for the attention span of the 20-something misogynistic youth of today.

2. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

"In a push back against the twenty-something, misogynistic Silicon Valley culture" ..and I'm done reading.

Thinking? Check. Reading? Check. Now if we can just get you to stop writing...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon