back to article BOFH in mugnificent return to Cash'n'Carrion

With the rebirth of El Reg merchandising tentacle Cash'n'Carrion, we asked readers just what they'd like to see stocked on our virtual shelves. Right up the top of the list of demands was BOFH kit, so without further ado get your laughing gear round the relaunched Bastard Operator mug. At £9.99, this receptacle is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. K

El-Reg

Please can I request a Polo Shirt with a massive BoFH emblem embroided into the back :) .. I intend to make it compulsory uniform for my team!

Maybe not the uniform, but I'd definitely buy one, and I'm sure others will.

1. big_D Silver badge

Re: El-Reg

Oh, I don't know, BoFH polo shirt for you, then PFY polo shirts for the rest? Too many cooks and all that.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. K

YES!

El-reg, can we have a PFY one aswell please...

3. Archaon

Oh, I don't know, BoFH polo shirt for you, then PFY polo shirts for the rest? Too many cooks and all that.

Indeed. A BOFH must make sure that 'da yoof' are appropriately downtrodden into their correct place. Ensuring that they can only ever look at a BOFH t-shirt - while wearing a reminder of their own pimple-faced 'yoofness' - is the first step.

2. Jim 48
    Pint

A size indicator for the mugs would be useful. I like big mugs and I cannot lie.

1. Ol'Peculier
      Thumb Up

Agreed

I used to have a big ceramic mug that held about a pint as my container of choice until it cracked. Bigger the better please El Reg!

1. chivo243 Silver badge
        Happy

Re: Agreed

Yes, size matters! At least a pint, or I spend way too much time hot footing it to the beverage station. The handle on my biggun broke when a closing door freed the mug from my hand. Gravity, not just a good idea, it's the law!

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

It does seem odd that the BOFH would be associated with a coffee mug that is taller than it is wide.

1. Bob Wheeler
            Trollface

It's all about the conflict between image and self-image.

If your taller, then you can 'lord it' over everyone.

If your wider, then your just a ........<click>

2. fearnothing

Definitely, there's only one beverage that should go in a container with height > width, and it's not a stimulant.

2. present_arms

Please that be a UK pint :D

2. Tim99 Silver badge
      Coat

@Jim 48

I agree, size matters. In an emergency your mug may be the only LART to hand.

3. peddley

Agree

I have one of the previous run of the BOFH mugs from the early 00's, it is a favourite mug of mine but it really doesn't hold a lot. This new ones look to be slightly larger which is good.

3. ukgnome

It's a step in the right direction I suppose, but like everyone else I want tee shirts please and thank you.

4. DasWezel
    Unhappy

What do you mean...

... it doesn't contain a full pint?

I can't be doing with going back and forth to the gin cabinet all day long, I've got too much going on already!

5. G2

shock-resistant?

any chance of getting some shock-resistant BOFH mugs in there too?

Duralex/Luminarc or something similar? The current mugs seem a bit too frail for any heavy-duty usage. (including usage as a percussive maintenance tool :p )

1. toxicdragon

Re: shock-resistant?

Have to agree, I am not the most delicate person and have broken army style tin mugs before now.

So having something really tough would be brilliant.

6. WonkoTheSane
    Pint

BOFH logo on "Bubba Keg"?

1.5L of insulated caffeine (or other BOFH-essential lubricants)

Note bottle opener at base of grip.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41no8tr5J9L._SY300_.jpg

7. Chris Miller
    Unhappy

That's not Reg the Vulture

Where's his woolly hat and scarf?

8. Dr. G. Freeman
    Pint

hmm, a quandary ...

Do I replace my very large Sports Direct* mug (that holds three hours' of coffee)for a smaller, but better branded Bofh one ?

*The kind that are in about 75% of offices in the UK, despite nobody remembering buying them

1. Captain Scarlet
      Alien

*The kind that are in about 75% of offices in the UK, despite nobody remembering buying them

Can report there is one in our cup cupboard, I blame the Mysterons for putting them there

1. Anonymous Crowbar

I am in Ireland and can confirm there is one in the canteen here also.

2. Proud Father

> *The kind that are in about 75% of offices in the UK, despite nobody remembering buying them

>

> Can report there is one in our cup cupboard, I blame the Mysterons for putting them there

I got 2 of them. They came free with some online orders from sports direct.

1. Down not across

You sure they were free? They tend to quite deceptively put one in the order form and unless you pay attention and remove it, you end up buying one. Only a quid or something, but doesn't make it any better.

2. Archaon

No, it probably means you didn't untick the box. When left ticked, said box adds £1 to your order and for that you get a mug (admittedly decent) and a shite magazine.

2. Jason 24

Got one in the house too...

9. Elmer Phud

Pint?

" What do you mean...

... it doesn't contain a full pint?"

Is that one of 'our' pints?

Sounds supiciously like one of 'thiers'.

1. DasWezel
      Pint

Re: Pint?

It's the proper imperial pint! Is there any other kind?

10. TheOtherMe
    Devil

10 Quid!

Sheesh at 10 quid a pop, that's $20 real Oz money - plus shipping and handling...

Definitely out of the price range for a humble antipodean sys-admin to bother with.

How about a Vulture South merchandising arm?

1. OzBob

Re: 10 Quid!

A true BOFH would have a key to the stores cabinet and an account on a local trading website to supplement his online shopping budget. You need to earn your stripes there, PFY.

2. Blofeld's Cat
      Pint

You could always raise a purchase order for some additional "enhanced cloud output storage".

Icon: Another way to enhance the output of clouds.

3. Tom 38

I thought all aussies were all super rich miners now, or at least ripping off the super rich bogans who do go mining.

11. ecarlseen

I don't know... as long as they ship more reliably than BOFH updates...

12. Brian Miller

T-shirts, please!

Could you see it in your hearts to bring back the O'Really shirts? Mine are becoming a bit worn.

1. Peter Depledge

Re: T-shirts, please!

"Could you see it in your hearts to bring back the O'Really shirts? Mine are becoming a bit worn."

Like these?

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/oreally_distributing_clue_to_users_t_shirts-235511391856104833

No idea who the copyright holder is or whether permission has been granted etc.

13. fishbone
    Unhappy

Sold Out? Sumbich! When do you think you are having more for us in the unwashed masses?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like