back to article Daybreak Game Company GOES TITSUP after painful Sony DIVORCE

Daybreak Game Company, formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment, has been suffering outage issues with its service, just days after the outfit admitted it was laying off staff following its unexpected divorce from Sony. The firm behind the pioneering massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing game EverQuest, among …

1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

I'm curious...

...just wtf do these wankstains calling themselves Lizard Squad actually aim to achieve? Upsetting games players? Why? Because they didn't get a PS3 (or whatever) for Crimbo from mummy and daddy?

Gimme a bloody break.

Ruddy loosers.

They should crawl back under their ruddy rocks and stay there.

1. ZZLEE

Re: I'm curious...

So they can sell more hacks to punters

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

I wonder how many of those responsible are out on bail after the previous round. It won't help pleas of mitigation.

3. Mark 85

DDoS?

Is this the reason or the excuse? Just because some Lizard Squid said they did it, may not be the case although all I've seen is that they said it was down. Daybreak apparently has been doing a lot tweaks over the last week or so....

1. Captain Scarlet

Re: DDoS?

Blackmail perhaps?

4. Dcope

Smedly can burn in hell

For what he did to my SWG, and yes im STILL bitter /sniff

1. Shugyosha
      Thumb Up

Re: Smedly can burn in hell

And for what he did to my EQOA. I'll never touch another SOE / Daybreak game again. Although by the way things seem to be going, they won't be around much longer for that to be a concern.

5. Stuart Elliott

Smed

It's all part of the vision™.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's just

bored kids with a new hobby. Much like back in the day we'd hoof a stone through the window of a civic amenities building, put obstacles on train tracks to derail passenger trains, or phone the police and give them your mates address in regards to "he's got a gun and is waving it around", it's an evolution of the same thing.

Also, I don't have much love for SOE / Daybreak as they're just a bunch of monetizing whoremongers. You know what, just charge a friggin' subscription and dump the micro-transactions. Although of course the fact that kids now find it acceptable to spend £79 on some invisible credits for a passing phase which is whatever latest game they've got hooked on sums up how much money they'd be losing.

1. Sir Sham Cad

Re: charge a subscription

They do. I've got one. All the stuff you can buy with Station Cash (I assume that's what you're talking about as it's the only non-subscription real world money transaction system they have) that you can't get by playing is appearance stuff.

OK, the worry now they're Daybreak and owned by an investment firm is that they'll change it into whatever scenario you think is currently in place.

7. Tony Paulazzo

Notice how all the layoffs were developers, not a management type amongst them? I'm betting they tried culling a few servers too, to save money and that's where the problems originated.

So long EQN, we barely knew you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like