back to article Finnish bank takes cricket bat to wave after wave of DDoS varmints

Finnish bank OP is continuing to fight off a cascading series of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks that began on New Year's Eve. OP was forced to restrict access to its services from outside the Nordic country as a result of the attack. The motive for the attack, much less the perpetrators' identity, remain unclear …

1. Sam Liddicott

The Wolf of Kabul

I can't be the only one who straightaway was reminded of the Wolf of Kabul and clicky-ba...

> Chung often apologised for his headbashing: "Lord, I am full of humble sorrow—I did not mean to knock down these men—'clicky-ba' merely turned in my hand".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The Wolf of Kabul

I wonder how many isis/taliban skulls he'd be able to crack with it these days?

2. Donkey Molestor X

ITT OP IS A FA...

had to check what site I was on for a second.

3. Anon5000
    Trollface

A hunch says this is Lizard Squad kiddie related. So I gave him some change and he went back to his bell tower mumbling something about the queen,,,

4. Mark 85

The Dotcom effect?

The large guy paid off attackers to play a game. Sony's first inkling about their attack was a demand for money. Now this.... I wonder how many companies have paid off attackers and never reported it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like