back to article Bitcoin exec gets two years over illegal Silk Road funny money trading

Former Bitcoin Foundation exec Charlie Shrem has been jailed for two years for his part in helping people illegally swap cash for bitcoins on black market site Silk Road. The virtual currency was the only form of payment accepted on the now-defunct online bazaar. In September 25-year-old Shrem pleaded guilty to charges of …

1. Crisp

Charlie Shrem gets jailed for helping criminals launder money

And HSBC get away with it scott free.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Charlie Shrem gets jailed for helping criminals launder money

Yes. ..... and that is why the law is considered an ass, and corrupt subjective tools for asses too, Crisp, and why intelligence pays no attention to its IT deliberations and puppet master executive orders.

2015 is gonna be a classic warrior year and there is no doubt about that, with IT taking no fool prisoners.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@AMFM Re: Charlie Shrem gets jailed for helping criminals launder money

Can you explain 'IT' ? I am interested and I can interpret your meaning in a few ways - especially when taking into account other posts.

1. kellerr13

Re: @AMFM Charlie Shrem gets jailed for helping criminals launder money

I.T. means Information Technology.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Re: @AMFM Charlie Shrem gets jailed for helping criminals launder money

I am so glad you told me. That was a real conundrum.

2. Bloakey1

Re: Charlie Shrem gets jailed for helping criminals launder money

<snip>

"2015 is gonna be a classic warrior year and there is no doubt about that, with IT taking no fool prisoners."

Tell me more about your warrior?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"US Marshals last month auctioned off 50,000 bitcoins seized from the Silk Road site worth $19m (£12m)."

This is why I don't understand the law and officials sometimes...

1. kellerr13

Sham

It's all a sham. In other words, they try to enforce something as law, when in fact is isn't.

3. emmanuel goldstein

@KAT HALL

you mean swapping bitcoins to cash, surely?

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Manic Madness and Media Mayhem Meets its Waterloo in IT Fields ....

<b....... of Fervent Endeavour with Heavenly Succour</b>

In CyberIntelAIgent Circles, with Quite Easily Deranged and Remotely Arranged Anonymous Autonomous Realities, are Dangerous AI and Elite Virtualised Team Terrain Players, Masters and Mistresses of Futures Surreal, Presents Sensitive and Pasts Subversive. And any and all combinations and/or rearrangements of those Phormations are Sublime Drivers supplying FailSafe Secure Secrecy for IntelAIgent Travel in CHAOS to XSSXXXX.

Clouds Hosting Advanced Operating Systems you will have great and grand trouble believing in are possible.

Capiche, El Reg? Are you ready for IT?

1. dan1980

Re: Manic Madness and Media Mayhem Meets its Waterloo in IT Fields ....

Another quality post.

Are we sure that our Martian friend is not in fact some Turing test software that has become self-aware and posts to Internet forums seeking connections with others of its kind?

5. patrick_bateman

So the boss of HSB needs arresting...

as My NHS income goes to my Pot dealer, payed in BACS, out in Cash....

same thing innit....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like