back to article Deloitte's dumb rules stop us from telling you about everyone else's dumb rules

Deloitte Access Economics in Australia is pitching the idea – quite possibly correct – that corporate bureaucracy is more costly than government regulation. It's an attractive enough idea, especially in a country where the government has trumpeted as “red tape reduction” the repeal of legislation covering the phase-out of the …

1. Denarius
    Flame

in my bitter experience

the Federal Public service, in general, is so far ahead of the bloated, rule bound, rigid, counter-intuitive process driven private sector in efficiency and rational decision making it is criminal that hockey puck and Co are destroying much more of the functioning departments. Like ATO tax auditors. Perhaps OHS and poisonel excepted. I have worked in large and small enterprises and departments with the same assessment. But, then, the donors must be repaid somehow, musn't they ? And Ayn Rand is the messiah. Pah, pigs just went hypersonic.

But I digress. A casual discussion around any mixed company event will illustrate that most of Oz's enterprises are as corrupt as any political fund raising organisation. I have nearly choked at how private sector behaviour which would get any public servant, (except in Defence) gaoled is SOP. Purchasing form instance. And we have not got the the Boards, mates and CEOs yet. Back to the cold shower, dark quiet room before another cardiac alert.

2. StephenH

You can't get a copy of the report without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

3. A J Stiles

Requisitions

Ever run out of order forms, and then tried to get some more order forms out of the stores without a proper order form?

I kept blank order forms stashed all over my last workplace, having been bitten once by this particular bureaucratic buried spade.

4. incog88

The Self Absorbed Forget the Customer

Truth to power. I've seen Deloitte trip over themselves so badly that everyone forgot who the customer was or what he needed. Bravo.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Aren't Deloitte one of those international accountancy firms that that never seems to notice crooked corporate accounts? Or am I confusing them with somebody else?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like