back to article MoJ hands £125m to outsourcing giant Atos

The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has handed a £125m five-year contract for End User Computing (EUC) services to outsourcer Atos. The deal includes PCs, fondleslabs and related software, peripherals, storage, services, training and management across 2,300 MoJ sites. It forms one of the last components of the department's Future …

1. BearishTendencies

So just to be clear....

They scrapped a £300m contract with a prime contractor and replaces it with 4 different contractors and a 'SIAM' provider and all the related complexity and will pay £125m to Atos, £11m to Ark, £78m to CGI and £125m to Lockheed Martin. I make that £339m.

An excellent result for the disaggregation strategies of Cabinet Office.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You make a very valid point although I guess by outsourcing to multiple contractors, at least one of them might get something right :)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Benefits

There are huge benefits to having the five roles rather than a single contractor. Those benefits are well worth the extra £39 million, though they might be missed by the short-sighted types that read El Reg.

For a start there should be four more annual golf days, four more Rugby World Cup invites, not to mention the scope for post-Civil Service retirement Directorships!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Makes no difference

ATOS, HP ... whoever won the contract was going to sub out the work to the same chancers who were always going to be doing the actual work. The gov't did not want to go direct to the cheapest supplier so they have to tart it up with a European/ USA firm that can be blamed for the inevitable piss poor service.

3. The Vociferous Time Waster

This will end well

This will be a boon for the service management, service transition, incident management and project management roles which will be filled by £600 a day contractors while the 3 people who can actually fix things are paid £19,000

Time to do Prince2 & ITIL and forget everything you know about technology.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Optional

Sadly there is a lot of truth to this.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

On the bright side

at least it's not Crapita

5. NeilMc

Ding Ding Round 1

Oh my god................

I looks like the MOJ Referee has been caught in the middle of the service provider boxing opponents and has been KO'd....................in the first round.

I had a word with William Hill they will not give odds on anything productive or useful coming out of these contracts other than litigation, waste and disappointment.

They would however give very poor odds on the MOJ being able to manage the contractual relationships and inter-supplier blame game.......

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like