back to article Canonical rolls out home-grown Ubuntu OpenStack distro

Canonical is spinning its own OpenStack distro to simplify deployment of Linux clouds and ensure its place in an expected cloud winners' club. Mark Shuttleworth’s firm is today expected to roll the beta of its Canonical Distribution of Ubuntu OpenStack. Canonical is also promising rapid set-up of its cloud using an automation …

1. Cipher

Can we get this Without...

...systemd?

1. present_arms

Re: Can we get this Without...

I sincerely hope so

2. agricola
    Boffin

I want to hear it straight from the (dead) horse's mouth.

Where's Jono Bacon when you need him for real dissembling.

Mark Shuttleworth is still up to his old modus operandi: announcing a brand-new world-beater of an application while still not having delivered on the last three, or four, or five... Oh, and putting him smack in the middle of the ranks of legitimate organizations such as Red Hat and H-P,

The only thing missing from this report is Mark Shuttleworth's stock, standard prediction prediction of an immediate user base of 20 million (go ahead: "google' "mark shuttleworth twenty million").

What's the reason for this? Same as always: to divert your attention from the fact that his last three or four or five "announcements" were pure, unadulterated horseshit.

Where's that ubuntu TV, watch, smartphone, and combobulated system-which-works-across-all-products that you've been waiting for?

Now you can shift you hearts' desires to a NEW, never-to-see-the-light-of-day

1. Cipher

Re: I want to hear it straight from the (dead) horse's mouth.

This is the core reason for systemd: One Linux to rule them all and make the Year of the Linux Desktop a reality. Make RH the defacto standard, with little shit coders like Poettring acting the false prophet.

Linux will never rule the desktop, it will be for us geeks, never for Joe Sixpack. The dominance in embedded sytems, servers and the like may crash with the introduction of this Lindows that systemd is migrating to. Why have a Windows wannabe when you can have real Windows? Systemd *is* Embrace, Extend, Extinguish whether Red Hat/Debian see it or not.

FFS, now Gimp will depend on systemd... I predict a Linux registry to manage all the binary globs in a year or so...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like