back to article Thus Group gives amorous Cable and Wireless the brush off

Cable and Wireless has shuffled alongside smaller business telecoms outfit Thus Group, mumbling that it possibly might want to make an offer to buy it, to be greeted today with a polite "we're alright, cheers". A C&W statement alongside news of its romantic whispers said: "This announcement does not amount to a firm intention …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Thus...

Also the goits that bought out Legend/Business Serve... bunch of (*&%£*($&^£...

Not that I'm a bitter disgruntled ex-techie there that left because job became unbearable...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Business Serve / Legend et all

Also another one of the techies that left. The place was held together with glue and string. Just take a look at iPHouse lol

3. AndyC
    Unhappy

The same AC as before...

Wonder if they ever fixed the roof or it was more duct tape? =)

Believe it or not, had a lot of respect for quiet a few of the people there, it was just sad how it seemed to go so wrong so quick...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Pity it did not succeed

It would have been a marriage made in heaven.

Joining CW which destroyed every ISP business it bought and Thus which is the only tech company in the UK where you have to denounce any intentions for future career to be considered for a job.

Based on personal experience, to be considered by Thus you have to be _content_ with the job description offered and must have no intention to have any interest in improving your technical skills and taking on new technical challenges. Add to that a salary that is 10% under the industry average. Add to that...

Yeah, definitely a marriage offer made in heaven. They were made for each other. Pity it did not come through...

Me coat please, the one with "I actually like to improve my technical skills label"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Oh dear ....

A decision that Thus may come to regret as telecoms spend falls victim to the forthcoming crunch ...

In the real world, C&W are beyond doubt their best bet - sure, Thus are holding their own, but, its basically a case of them doing the doggy paddle at the moment - I mean, marketing is pretty poor and Thus doesn't exactly trip off the tongue - Thus had big plans but seem to have shelved them, losing their way with the takeover of YourCom and Legend, concentrating instead upon regionalisation from their Glasgow based corporate head office, which has seen a number of wins from the Scottish parliament and Scots based companies.

Watch this space, in the coming months with convergence in the ISP sector, Demon together with Legend will be the first assets to go by which time telco pricing will be falling and there may be a bargain or two to pick up ....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Thus: one of the most clueless organisations I've come across

Oh my god this company are a joke. Mess up pretty much everything they touch. Completely alienated my company, who they inherited from Legend.

IP House is now effectively closed. Thus want to keep it as a 'premium' asset. They wont allow any expansions. They only want to sell capacity in there as part of a SIX FIGURE DEAL!!!!.... hahahaha.

I'd do them a six figure deal as long as its got five decimal places!

They want to move into managed services. considering they couldnt manage a gang bang in a brothel, I'm very interested to see how that will work out.

Whatever happens, I'll nver do business with them again. Just because you'e big, it doesnt mean you'll be successfull. C&W could teach them that, maybe.

Rank amateurs!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like