back to article LOHAN wraps Kickstarter tin-rattling at £30,725

We invite all of you who backed our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) mission Kickstarter tin-rattling to award yourselves a beer or two, in celebration of the campaign closing yesterday at £30,750. Yup, a total of 653 generous souls gave it up for Spaceport America ballocket tomfoolery, and we very much appreciate …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"gave it up for Spaceport America ballocket tomfoolery"

Now you have my kickstarter pledge you tell me it's all tomfoolery! Looked like a serious effort to me...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

A serious effort for some serious tomfoolery!

2. Alister

Great news!

Have you set a date yet?

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Still pending word from the FAA...

1. Alister

Still pending word from the FAA...

Ah, next year then...

When you've filled in the forms,

"signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters."

1. Farmer Fred

Re: Still pending word from the FAA...

...erm I think you are thinking of the Vogons, who are generally somewhat easier to deal with than the inhabitants of the so called "Land of the Free (subject to terms and conditions....)".

Thinking about it ... given the increasingly similar appearance of the two & that the output of much of the American music industry increasingly resemble Vogon poetry ... I can understand your mistake.

3. i like crisps
    Alien

You've gotta be in it to win it!

Not the Space Race, but the National Lottery....if i were you i'd invest the cash in 15,360 'Lucky Dips' for wednesday..........you know the yanks are gonna sabotage you, don't you?

1. Mark 85

Re: You've gotta be in it to win it!

Once the Department of Homeland Security (what a misnomer) gets wind of the app to the FAA, there will be much screaming in the Washington HQ about a bunch of damn foreigners wanting to come to the wonderful USA to launch a rocket. It's a terrorist plot I tell you. Then a couple of Congresscritters will get wind and they'll want to investigate both El Reg and the FAA. $50 million later in expenses, 1 year for Congressional hearings, and then 6 months to one year for the furor that be blown out of proportion in the press... you'll get your paperwork approved.

1. mtp
        Pint

I am actually hoping for a delay. Sods law will put me on holiday (Late Oct) when I am supposed to collect my gleaming LOHAN beer application device from the claws of Vulture Central.

Maybe fireworks night +-1 would be a suitable date.

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
          Thumb Up

There would be a certain appropriateness of fireworks night.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Need a mug

the Kickstarter closed??? before i could sign up for a mug? No way am i spending big bucks to get it as a collector's item on eBay. How can i get one at the old pledge price?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon