back to article Hey, scammers. Google's FINE with your dodgy look-a-like apps

Attackers can easily craft third party scripts to imitate Google to trick users into granting authorisation to their email accounts, says infosec chap Andrew Cantino. The Mavenlink engineer said Mountain View did not make it sufficiently clear when users were approving third party access to their data, thus making social …

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Google apparently sells a lot of things too

I keep receiving all these adds from the fine chaps at ads.google.com. There must be a fierce competiton though, because the guys at Bing and at Yahoo! appear to stock approximately the same goods.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Be kind!

Hey, be fair! Don't give Google a hard time for miserably terrible security and oversight of their Android security! They have their hands full with many projects, such as eavesdropping on private WiFi, outspending almost everyone in lobbying to defeat net neutrality, skipping out on national taxes and selling your personal information to the highest bidder.

1. veti Silver badge

Re: Be kind!

Objection! There's no sign of Google selling my personal information to the highest bidder. I believe Google probably is the highest bidder, for 99.9% of the population at least. If they sell our information, then they'd lose their advantage at serving us ads.

Also, this isn't about Android security - this applies to anyone who has a Google account, including old-skool desktop users.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like