back to article SAP chaps cook up Glass Glass style apps for ...WHERE are you off to with that FORKLIFT?

SAP is set to preview apps for ocular computing platforms such as Google Glass. The world’s largest software maker said it will this week preview the SAP AR Warehouse Picker mobile app and the SAP AR Service Technician mobile app. Warehouse Picker combines hands-free working with visualisation and voice recognition for data …

1. Semtex451
    Coat

I suppose SAP is better than Glasshole

2. Sebastian Brosig

future here we come

reminds me of this old story:

http://marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm

humans as cheaper alternatives to robots, i.e. as highly capable collection of actuators

3. Frankee Llonnygog

Figures

Google Glass is the new Bluetooth headset - every pair should come with a short sleeve polyester shirt and a polyester tie

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: Figures

Is that a 'clip-on' polyester tie?

4. drunk.smile

Great, because what every SAP installation needs is a way to make warehouse data entry even more inaccurate.

I wonder how many accents they have tested it on, if it's anything like the workplaces I know then it will meet at least 20 incomprehensible accents per 300m2

5. Dan Paul

Warehouse Data Entry?

Actually, I can see where a properly implemented Glass "app" could make both the stock placement and stock retrieval MORE accurate.

If the stocking system was based on barcode and most are these days, the camera and screen of Glass could show where to put the stock, take an accurate count and enter description via the camera and then find product more concisely with visual cues like customer, quantity, type of product, SKU, 3D directions to the locations, etc. Put one of these on the stockpicker and they could drive the cart/forlift right to the spot without any downtime looking for product.

I call prior art since I've layed it all out.

6. Dr Scrum Master
    Coat

And it's goodnight from him

Warehouse Picker combines hands-free working with visualisation and voice recognition for data entry

Four candles?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like