back to article Woe, Daddy! GoDaddy customers wail as hosting service GOES TITSUP

Hosting outfit GoDaddy is suffering what appears to be a pretty widespread outage hitting website operators in the UK this morning. The company's own site was struggling to load at time of writing. A miserable message wrapped in a pink box on GoDaddy's support page coughs to a "known issue" with its hosting system. However, …

1. danielwalewis

Already resolved?

No issues accessing sites from here, and no known issue shown on support page

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

email them

only kidding (godaddy customers know why).

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Back up it seems

Had issues this morning when they appeared to have broken the internet of things.

All seems OK now though so I guess they have nursed their DNS servers back to health.

4. chivo243 Silver badge

seems OK

the wife's website comes up, and no delays...

5. Irongut

loldaddy

Why does anyone use these muppets?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: loldaddy

As a matter if interest, who is better as a DNS and hosting provider?

1. dan1980

"As a matter if interest, who is better as a DNS and hosting provider?"

Depends on the criteria you're using for 'better'. Different situations and different people have different requirements and priorities. For some, cheaper may indeed be better but for others 'bulletproof' may be a necessity.

That said, I favour easyDNS - if for no other reason than that Mark appears to be an honest and upfront guy, which is important when you consider the abandon with which governments and their agencies throw around takedown notices.

P.S. - my original reply seems to have been lost so apologies if two show up. Is The Reg also experiencing an outage?

2. dan1980

"As a matter if interest, who is better as a DNS and hosting provider?"

Depends on what criteria you are using to measure 'better'.

As different people and different projects have different requirements, there is no one answer to this question. That said, I've always liked easyDNS - if only because Mark is an honest and upfront guy, not to mention one who stands up for his customers, which is important given the wild abandon with which our governments and their various arms request/demand sites to be taken down (either via the host or the DNS provider).

2. NotWorkAdmin

Re: Why does anyone use these muppets?

Me. For non critical stuff. Because they're cheap.

In all honesty, after using them for 7 years or so I'm pretty sure I've got what I paid for.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Believe it or not...

I really rate Wix.com as a great DNS and hosting provider.

I've used them for years now, for lots of my clients small business needs. I even had one guy who ran a Villa guesthouse in Croatia - Wix was a great choice for him and combined with a separate booking system provider (Globekey) he was making a few thousand £££ a month all based off the traffic the Wix site was getting.

Some people don't need all singing, all dancing.

7. Andi McDonald

You get what you pay for with hosting, cheapest is not always the best solution for everyone

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like