back to article The man who found Atlantis: 14PB of storage, flashy models and Moore's Law

Chetan Venkatesh is the latest subject in Willem ter Harmsel’s interview series. As the founder of Atlantis, he provided a great background to Atlantis. Following on from the interview with the now ex-CEO Bernard Harguindeguy, I had the pleasure of speaking with the CTO of Atlantis, Chetan Venkatesh. Chetan_Venkatesh …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jim 59

Let's do a deal

If I turn off my add blocker will you promise not to feed me disguised adverts?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Let's do a deal

Soft soap maybe, disguised advert? No. This interview is not exactly critical - and the Q&A format can be difficult to pull off. However, no money changed hands.

1. Jim 59

IMO, El Reg should retreat behind a paywall. I'd pay. It's one thing carrying a lot of legitimate ads, but another when you stop trusting the articles.

2. alwarming
      Paris Hilton

> If I turn off my add blocker will you promise not to feed me disguised adverts?

They might think it's unreasonable expectation to be "subtracted" when you turn off "add blocker". :-[

Paris, coz she wants to you turn off multiplication blocker.

2. lansalot

http://churnalism.com/faq

3. lansalot

although...

"As the founder of Atlantis, he provided a great background to Atlantis"

I guess if he couldn't, then no-one can...

4. Jim 59

I have now disabled Firefox Adblock Plus on theregister.co.uk, and it won't be re-enabled. If you want the Reg to avoid sliding into advertorial no man's land, unblock and click on a few adverts.

Surf to theregister.co.uk

Click the ABP icon in Firefox

Clock on "Disable on theregister.co.uk"

It's only fair. Ain't nobody got time to do sumptin' for notin'.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"I’ve been an entrepreneur most of my life"

I gave up at the point - anyone who claims to be an entrepreneur is a tosser in my book.

1. NoOneSpecific

Re: "I’ve been an entrepreneur most of my life"

Unless it's you making that claim, right? Nothing like keeping an open mind.

(Actually, nothing like it at all!)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Interesting

I'm using the methodology I stumbled upon here: RamDisk->SSD->HD. Now I'm doing this with multiple companies stuff. I have been looking at dedupe, so it's nice to validate my walk-about approach. Although I must say, I believe I'm sure their USX is probably much more expensive. (Going back to my cave, err, lab.)

This topic is closed for new posts.