back to article Nearly there! LOHAN Kickstarter pot o'gold breaks £29,000

Our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) Kickstarter campaign has reached a rip-roaring £29,000, as we build momentum towards the launch of the Vulture 2 spaceplane at Spaceport America, New Mexico. Thanks to all the backers who've so far snapped up our juicy rewards. If you haven't already shown your support, …

1. Vortex

As I write you only have 21 tankards left. How will you honour 25 of the new £120 "collection in person" tankards. I smell a rat.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

No, we've got 21 of the tankard only deal left. We're also offering some with a t-shirt, and the 25 collect in person. That's the lot.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Space Bucket Challenge

Maybe you should have people dump a bucket of ice water over their head and donate $10+. I have heard that works.

3. i like crisps
    Alien

Why are there no STARS in space?

There's loads of them out there, but you never see them in any NASA footage or your own photo...hmmm.

1. Pet Peeve

Re: Why are there no STARS in space?

Can't tell if serious...

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Devil

Re: Why are there no STARS in space?

Why are there no STARS in space?

Because they're picky and difficult to please. And parties in space just have no atmosphere darling...

4. Neil 8

Important question

Are you inviting Lindsay Lohan to the launch now it's in her own back yard*?

*Still probably around 2000 miles away.

Re: Important question

Yes. Shame though.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Use this to bribe the Spanish official who is blocking this...

... and save everyone more money and effort.

1. ukgnome

Re: Use this to bribe the Spanish official who is blocking this...

I don't think you can use Kickstarter for bribes, can you?

Re: Re: Use this to bribe the Spanish official who is blocking this...

Probably not, and certainly not for alcoholic bribes.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Boffin

Re: Use this to bribe the Spanish official who is blocking this...

And if you bribe the Spanish official this time, next time his boss will get involved and we will need to raise 60,000 Sterling!!

1. Pete 2 Silver badge

There's not enough money in the world

> And if you bribe the Spanish official this time ...

and the local Mayor and the Police chiefs (all three of them Gaurdia Civil, Guardia Local and the ever-loved Trafico, who's motto seems to be "our hand is always extended") . Plus a "donation" to the local town's fiesta and you'll probably find there are regulations mandating safety equipment that only the Mayor's extended family can supply.

It *must* be cheaper to go to the US - or The Moon - than deal with that lot.

6. JDX Gold badge

Dear Reg...

Forgive my ignorance but what are the two different logos - and why are there different ones to start with?

Also, any chance you have pictures of any of the mugs, shirts, tankards, etc?

1. YetAnotherPasswordToRemeber

Re: Dear Reg...

One of the logos has Europe at the centre, the other has the US at the centre

1. JDX Gold badge

Ta... and I se most of these things are on the KS page if you actually scroll down.

2. Johndoe888

The 2 different logos are for both The Department of Obstruction that was encountered in the UK and Spain, and for the relocation of the launch site to the USA, and to show the USA where our part of the "World" is.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I thought the world ended with a dramatic plunge into nothingness once you got east of the Bahamas. I guess the world's roundness explains why SPB just doesn't line up at the edge and huck LOHAN into space!!

7. Retro Man
    Pint

Dear Reg part deux

Kickstarter has not quite got the mix of merchandise I need (stickers, tee-shirts, mug, tankard - we don't need no stinkin' badges !). I thought of going back and ordering them separately (I've got the mug/t-shirt pledge thingy) but Kickstarter will only allow one pledge . . . . . . .

Is Vulture Central going to be opening a stall at Sheppards Bush market any time soon ?

8. i like crisps
    Trollface

A VERY EXPENSIVE FIREWORK.

I hope the pretty pattern it makes in the sky when it goes 'BANG', was worth all this messing around.

1. DiViDeD

Re: A VERY EXPENSIVE FIREWORK.

It won't go BANG. In the finest tradition of SPB spacegoing vehicles it will majestically plummet

1. Peter Simpson 1
        Happy

Re: A VERY EXPENSIVE FIREWORK.

No water anywhere nearby, though, so they won't need to hire another recovery boat...

9. i like crisps
    Alien

Where is the concrete on the moon?

Take a moment to think about that......

10. Peter Simpson 1
    Thumb Up

I notice someone has picked up the 5k level.

Well done, that man!

1. Ben Holmes

Re: 5k

"Well done, that man!"

Gender-agnostic benefactor, surely?

1. Peter Simpson 1
        Facepalm

Re: 5k

Only a man would spend $5K on a model spaceship.

// Don't believe me? Ask yer wife.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where is the SPB Pipestand? Or logo Embroidered white coat?

Call yerselves boffins... tsk.

12. Pet Peeve

159 pounds to go - time to break out some last-minute stretch goals. Kickstarters often rustle up a lot of cash in their last few days.

1. Eddy Ito

Ahh but what to make for a stretch goal...

How about a 10 gallon batch of custom ale to fill those glorious tankards? It'll need a suitable name but is it a regular name or an acronym? Vulture's Velvet comes to mind but I'm thinking an acronym would be more suiting.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I just checked Kickstarter and....

The goal of 30,000 Pounds has been reached!! Congratulations, SPB!

Time to place those reservations at the Las Cruces or Truth or Consequences Best Western!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon