back to article Sony DENIES PlayStation Network WOBBLES despite gamer GRIPES

An unknown number of gamers have been kicked off of Sony's PlayStation Network, but the company is continuing to insist that its service is stable. Anecdotal reports posted on social media appear to tell a different story, however. Some customers are currently saying that they are being greeted with a message that reads: "the …

1. StripeyMiata

Yep, it's buggered

Been getting a 80710092 error on my PS3 all day.

1. ejk5401

Re: Yep, it's buggered

Same thing here, and my network is great at 72 mbps. My Nintendo works with hulu, my computer is up, and my phones are all suckling on the same tete, it's ps3 network not my end ;)

1. Matt 21

Re: Yep, it's buggered

It didn't effect me but I've heard it hit Xbox too. Wasn't one of the Sony execs airplane diverted due to a fake bomb threat too?

2. Quashy_Mojo

When i try to login on the ps4 it says the network is undergoing maintenance, however the ps3 network appears to be working fine.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yes def down but have to love where they blame our internet provider considering im having no problems posting this

4. Colin Brett
    WTF?

Same problems here

It went down before lunch and has been back up about an hour (approx 15:30 when it came back). I'm in the UK. Were these problems UK/EU only or worldwide?

Colin

1. buffalocowboy85

Re: Same problems here

The problems are not just in the UK, I'm in Buffalo, NY, USA and I'm also having these problems.

5. devils1999

in the uk as well

im assuming its worldwide mines still not on at 16.40 there site sits there saying no problems still what a joke and there having a maintenance on Monday 24th for 7hrs

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

confirmed DDoS attack

SOE has confirmed the DDoS attack...

http://www.psu.com/news/24438/SOE-President-comments-on-PlayStation-Network-outage

7. Cthonus

Yep down here too

Rest of t'internet is fine but PSN continually reports Maintenance error.

8. Truth4u

pwnt

this is why you shouldn't rely on an evil corporation to run your gameservers. if we lived in a civilized country (which we dont) everyone would have fibre broadband and a PC. The person with the best PC can host the server as well. that's the way its ALWAYS been until these SCUM companies got involved.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: pwnt

Yes, well, "cloud". 'nuff said.

2. Fibbles

Re: pwnt

Is it? Back when I was heavily into FPS games, anything less than a dedicated server was regarded as sub-standard. Everyone in the clan used to chip in £1 per month to rent our own server.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

First thing this morning when I arrived home from work, I got two different error codes (80710B23 and 80710092), now I'm being told "The connection with Sony Entertainment Network timed out." WTF O, SONY??????

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I held off buying the PS4 due to the bs I see alot with the PS3. I belong in a clan for the KZ3 game, we are 80 some members strong and we have determined to leave the PS arena and join the XBOX family. Maybe PS will realize money isn't the only thing.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: "Maybe PS will realize money isn't the only thing."

But they know that. There's also CONTROL, and they want BOTH.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

you should

@ AC:

"I held off buying the PS4 due to the bs I see alot with the PS3. I belong in a clan for the KZ3 game, we are 80 some members strong and we have determined to leave the PS arena and join the XBOX family. Maybe PS will realize money isn't the only thing."

You should go read up about it first :

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15955-anonymous-member-behind-todays-psn-ddos-attack-says-xbox-next-shares-proof.html

Lastly, FameGod states that Xbox is his next Hacking Project under codename "Project Micro" and added:

See atleast Xbox and Microsoft are smart and dont operate on one datacenter. Sony your f**king aids.

I doubt changing consoles will erradicate such issues.

11. MrRafaPT

PSN ERROR

I keep getting the error when I sign in when will this be ready cuz you are losing people on psn cuz people are moving to xbox so you people need to hurry up and send me a email and tell me where is this gone be ready

12. TBx

psn

I have just signed in with my PS3. I should point out it was my 5th attempt,the first attempt was 20 mins ago.

13. Bob Loblaw

I live in Nebraska, PSN is still down for me on my PS4. An occasional maintenance message pops up when attempting to do anything.

14. 10MTNnow3IDADA

Down near Fort Stewart, GA

It has been down on my PS4 since this morning. I've constantly checked the website where it states they are stable... I even called Comcast to have them send a refresh to my modem. I'm getting almost 49 Mbps!!!!

15. xXDB3NN3TTXx

Having Issues aswell, get to the screen to pick which User I want to use. Select mine and nothing happens, cant select between any other ones its like its frozen. Put the PS4 into standby mode then turn it back on and the games show up but cant scroll through them almost as if the controller isnt working. Get the Network Maintenance message and thats it....Honestly Sony lets go....

16. xXDB3NN3TTXx

Down on my PS4 aswell, get to the screen where you select which User you want to use, you know where it sais Guest or any other users you have on there, click on one and its like it freezes. Put PS4 into standby mode and then turn back on, pops up in main menu but cant select nor move the selecting box onto anything? Anyone else got this? All it tells me besides that is Network Maintenance

17. Oninoshiko

Dirty console peasants

Join the PC master race!

18. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like