back to article UK Xmas 2014: Go to shops a normal human, walk out a glasshole

Hey folks, it’s Christmas. Well it is if you’re in the PR world, as July is the time of year when the great and the good of the UK’s press get invited to wade through the decorations and mince pies to see what goodies will be on offer to punters at Yuletide. This week John Lewis was hauling out the baubles and Sony rustled up …

1. Anonymous Blowhard
    WTF?

Christmas?

It's only just July FFS!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. MrWibble
    Facepalm

"Come and try out all this new connected kit that we'll be selling at Christmas. Oh, an Internet connection - what do you need that for?"

Whoever "planned" this event needs a kick up the arris.

1. sandman

Many years ago I went to a major conference and exhibition on this new-fangled internet thingy. Naturally, the venue didn't have a connection. Cue total Dilbert demonstrations. "Well, here you would see xxxxx".

4. smudge
    WTF?

Any eye you like, as long as it's the right

I’d have preferred the viewfinder over the left eye, but it’s not obvious if this will be an option any time soon.

I wasn't in the market for one, but it never occurred to me that it was for the right eye only. Remind me what century this is?

My master - and stronger - eye is my left, and that's where I'd definitely want it. And too bad if you don't have a functioning right eye.

Surely it could be made so that it could just be flipped over for use on the left eye? Yes I know that they are permanently fixed to the frame, but at least there would then be right and left options.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Any eye you like, as long as it's the right

For those of us blind in one eye the ability to have options will be crucial to device selection

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Any eye you like, as long as it's the right

For those of us blind in one eye viewfinder position will the critical to device selection

5. JimmyPage Silver badge
    Coat

Is "needs internet connection"

the new "batteries not included"[1]

[1]Kids - ask your 'rents ...

(for using "'rents" ---->)

1. stucs201

Re: Is "needs internet connection"

Surely "battery not charged" is the new batteries not included?

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than batteries not included. On the one hand charging the built-in battery is likely to take less time than waiting for the shops to open once xmas is over. On the other hand there isn't the option of borrowing a couple of AAs from some other device.

(kids - just don't ask which device they were out of if its your Mum that finds 'spare' batteries).

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

If your Mum needs such a device

Your Dad isn't doing his job.

6. caffeine addict

A few years ago (actually... more than just a few, thinking about it) I did work for the GSMA/3GSM mobile phone conference. Lots of lovely mobile friendly web pages to help people get around the venue.

The venue with no 2G/3G signal.

*sigh*

7. hplasm
    Devil

What to get?

Violence magnet Glasses or Blue Expensive Doorwedge?

Tricky...

1. Spleen

Re: What to get?

- Buy the Blue Expensive Doorwedge

- Find someone wearing Kick Me Glasses and hit them over the head with the Doorwedge. Take their Glasses

- Problem solved

(they won't mind, they'll get in the Grauniad and afterwards they can buy a new pair)

1. stucs201
        Joke

Re: door wedge

Nah, the Surface is terrible as a door wedge. This just proves the Macbook Air is the better device, not only is it more wedge shaped but its heavier too - much better for stopping a door moving.

8. Lyndon Hills 1

Picture caption of the week

Lucy is available for modelling assignments and is payable in cider

1. Captain DaFt

Re: Picture caption of the week

Now I want the tee shirt!

http://shirtshovel.com/sex-dickenscider.shtml

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like