back to article Zombie patents raid TI's wallet for $US3 million

Yet another patent troll non-practicing entity (NPE) has accumulated important wins in US courts, with US Ethernet Innovations (USEI) scoring a $US3 million win against Texas Instruments in a Texas US District Court. The company, which acquired patents from 3Com, had filed its suit against Texas Instruments in 2011, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MacroRodent
    Mushroom

Chutzpah

"Other companies to have been sued by the company, over this and other patents, include Brother, Canon, Xerox"

Xerox? You know, the company where Ethernet was invented!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No IBM?

Didn't see their name in the list. Either they're saving them for last, or even patent trolls are afraid of IBM's lawyers!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No IBM?

Given what the Nazgul did to SCO (have a look at the Groklaw archives if you need really your memory refreshed) is it any wonder that they have decided to keep a long way away from Big Blue?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No IBM?

Or more simply they already have a licensing deal...

3. weebs

3com acquired by HP. HP being sued from violations of 3com patents. Eh?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

See this is how megacorporations in cyberpunk novels really ended up with black ops teams, they got so tired of patent trolls they just started sending out teams to have them ~~ "silenced" then it just escilated.

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

For some reason I'm thinking of "Watchmen."

"Men get arrested, dogs get put down."

Mine's the mid length leather one which goes with my (spotless) White gloves.

6. Infernoz Bronze badge
    Facepalm

This is black farce

This is all the fault of governments, giving this BS privilege, and more ridiculously allowing this carp to be sold on; seriously WTF did they expect would happen!

Probably the corporations will eventually get so fed up that they will get some of their bought politicians to reduce the scope of IP, but not abolish it because it would never do for parasitic rentiers to have to face a proper free Capitalist market.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like