back to article Salesforce slings software for … sigh … wearables

Salesforce chief Marc Benioff runs his business from his phone and is annoyed that his favorite hotels don't recognize him when he walks in the door. With Salesforce Wear, a developer software scheme to link Salesforce's customer relationship management systems to data generated from wearable technologies, Benioff may finally …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mafoo

Oh god no

2. mourner

Salesforce chief Marc Benioff runs his business from his phone and is annoyed that his favorite hotels don't recognize him when he walks in the door.

So basically he expects the kind of reception the Sultan of Brunei gets when checking into a hotel. Pfft, needs to get over himself a little.

3. Snoremonster

Marc's idea is not as stupid as it initially sounds.

Imagine, CEO's across the world kitting their salespeople out with Salesforce pants.

CEO: John is down on his quota this month

Sales Director: Send him 30 volts

4. Jeff 10

It's Daniel Debow... not Debon.

Anywho, there are use cases for it. Wearables are going through their early smartphone years phase when the devices were touted as the next wave, but it took a while to really take hold. What we will be going through the next year or so or three is the introduction and refinement of yet more devices, with lots of experimentation until something really useful emerges. Same thing happened in smart phones... now they are ubiquitous.

Being smaller and cheaper devices, they will be iterated at a higher rate than smart phones were.

5. Desidero

Yeah, just like Howard Hughes and Jimmy Page, I want hotels to remember who I am.

When I show up incommunicado except for my full head cockpit display and a blinking light showing latest Salesforce stock price, I'll finally get the respect and attention I deserve.

Think of it as a portable Cone of Silence that's the other wearable end to a shoe phone.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like