back to article Murdoch sees MySpace miss targets

MySpace has missed its financial targets, showing that social networking is struggling to earn its keep - even as part of Rupert Murdoch's globe-spanning media empire. News Corp said yesterday that the site will fall short of its annual revenue target of $1bn by 10 per cent. Third quarter revenues actually fell to $210m from $ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gerhard Mack

Microsoft and facebook

The day Microsoft buys facebook is the day I delete my account there. Not that I spend much time on it anyways.

2. Mike Crawshaw
    Joke

MiFaCroCeSoBoFtOk!!!!!!

The name's a winner. Patenting it as we speak.

3. Ian Wilson

Re: "It's still difficult to quantify the economic value ...."

Thats easy. Zero. Period.

4. Nick L

Hyper-targeting hyper-marketing hype

"The big hope for the site is its "hyper-targeting" system, which sells the interests users list in their profile to advertisers."

Fascinating, captain. You mean there are still people who fill in all those details ?

5. Mo

Murdoch

“even as part of Rupert Murdoch's globe-spanning media empire.”

I think you'll find that everything MySpace is doing successfully (which isn't much, really) is IN SPITE of it being part of the Murdoch empire.

Social networking and gigantic media conglomerates aren't really supposed to mix. The latter doesn't talk in individual terms.

6. hans
    Thumb Up

Web 3.0

Just goes to show that many of those with the money have no idea whatsoever how technology and people work.

Yours:

Mr Brown Cow

3 brown Cow Road

MooVille

Industry : Agriculture

Employees : 10'000+

Interests : Flying

This topic is closed for new posts.