back to article Drink me: Adobe pours Flash Player bug squash

Adobe is pushing out a cross-platform security fix for a bug in its Flash Player that miscreants are already exploiting. Windows users running Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.182 and earlier need to update it following the discovery of a zero-day attack. "Adobe is aware of reports that an exploit for CVE-2014-0515 exists in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Habel

Will we ever see a new Flash for Mobile?

1. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

I hope not

2. Volker Hett

most probably not, first Adobe stopped development for mobile and then Google removed some hooks in its API without which it shouldn't run.

OTOH Firefox 27 das work with the old flash player for Android 4.2, if you really need some security issues on your mobile.

3. Mr Fuzzy

A better option than a new flash for mobile would be for people to just stop using it on their sites.*

*This comment comes with a free significant look directed at the masthead.

4. mfraz

I doubt it, they're not even developping it for Linux any more.

1. yossarianuk

Google is though

To get the latest Flash version you have to use Google Chrome's pepper version.

i.e

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en-GB

2. Robert Helpmann??
        Childcatcher

...they're not even developping it for Linux any more

Answers my question as to why both Mac and Windows versions have a more urgent priority rating than Linux.

2. Tom 7

squash

shame its not a bottle but a whole court.

Extra concentrated.

3. David Kelly 2

Death to FLASH

Seems every time I permit Click2Flash to display a site, a popup appears demanding I update. What a horrible buggy piece of software. Its death can not be too premature.

This topic is closed for new posts.