back to article India second only to US in Google user data requests

The Indian government submitted more user data retrieval requests than any other Asian nation in 2013 and came second only to the US globally, according to the latest stats from Google released this week. The Chocolate Factory’s updated Transparency Report, summarised neatly by Statista (via Mashable), shows the US some way …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG

It's only because they are so paranoid.

2. Gray Ham Bronze badge

As such, it’s perhaps not surprising that India ranked so high up in the report

Or, perhaps it is because there are a lot more people in India than in the USA. On a per capita basis, India would be way down the list.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Tom 13

@ Gray Ham

I had the same thought. Given their population size I would expect them to be at the top of the list since China doesn't exactly ask Google for their data. Per capita data would certainly be more accurate for who is most likely to ask for data as part of a police investigation.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's a surprise

I didn't think the NSA had to ask.

4. Malik01

Its scary how many India apologists there are on this site. To a lot of the Indians visiting here, you dont *have to* defend your government, unless they are paying you, in which case take this shit elsewhere.

I have never understood Govie fanboyism. Its sad.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Its scary how many India apologists there are on this site"

Where? Seems like a reasonably diverse range of opinions being expressed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like