back to article Oracle promises 'skin editor' for Fusion apps

No, Oracle hasn't developed an application for tattoo parlours. But Big Red has hinted it will soon bring the world a 'skin editor' for its Fusion applications. That's 'skin' as in the look and feel for the applications, because as Oracle admits here the previous version of Fusion's interface was a little too dependent on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Grant

Wow

That really does look like Windows Phone :)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Its still running in Java and looks like shit. Look at the scroll bars, like something from Windows 3.1.

1. TheDoc

The world has moved on from concerns like "it's running in java". It's a 100% html front end, and it's SaaS. Users don't care if it's java on the back end. With SaaS, it could be COBOL on the back end, but as long as it performs well and has good functionality then the users quite rightly don't care.

I agree about the scroll bars in that screenshot though.

3. Antidisestablishmentarianist

Well it's a start

Yay for getting rid of those horrid tabs with the swoopy trailing edge - the calling card of wonderful java apps the world over

4. Scnby

SAP look alike?

I reminds me more of SAP R/3 than anything else.

5. itscoldhere

Cool -- now they'll only be 10 years behind the times. Does this mean that their own hideous customer sites will start to look less like they were designed and written in a 17 year old's basement?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like