back to article Just like Elvis, dead Steve Jobs to appear all over America in 2015

A highly-sensitive leaked US government document reveals Steve Jobs will appear all over America in 2015. The memo comes from the perforation-happy Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee, an agency “tasked with evaluating the merits of all stamp proposals.” The document, uncovered by the Washington Post, reveals that Jobs will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gray Ham Bronze badge

The difference being ...

Elvis Presley is alive and well and working as a news reporter for Indonesian state TV. I've seen him.

2. Captain DaFt

Obviously

"Jobs has not been sighted in obscure truck stops around the nation."

Well, he'd hardly be likely to, wouldn't he? Trendy coffee shops seem more his thing.

Of course the problem with that is, if he was sighted, his picture'd be on Facebook and Twitter before you could say 'rounded corners'.

3. James O'Brien
    Joke

Steve Jobs to appear...along with Science Fiction writers

Interesting, didn't know his autobiographers were so important......

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Steve Jobs the idea thief?

The self-confessed IP thief (Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal) martyred by the country whose economy is now aiming to be heavily reliant on IP?

5. David 45

Some sort of god was he?

Oh, for goodness' sake! Not only is his former boyhood home being turned into some sort of shrine, but now his face on a stamp? Blimey - the bloke was only the boss of a company, not some sort of messiah who (allegedly) saved the world! This really will get the fanbois' hearts a-fluttering.

6. MonkeyScrabble

FFS

Why not just give the prick a sainthood then we can ignore him like all other religious icons?

(Apart from the St. BellEnd's bank holiday we will obviously have to get to allow fanboi knobjockeys a chance to worship at the Apple store altar of their choice for 24 hours)

7. Turtle

No.

I will absolutely positively not buy or use a Steve Jobs stamp. No fucking way, no fucking how.

8. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

> Interested

> Go to scribd to see this document

> Nothing works

> Click "Allow all scripts on this page temporarily" in NoScript

> Ghostery pops a vein in its forehead because its list of nosy scripts becomes too long

MFW!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thank heavens it's only stamps

I was imagining Steve Jobs tribute acts popping up all over the place.

The bill could be Glenn Miller followed by Buddy Holly then Elvis and to clear the place Steve Jobs.

10. hplasm
    Coat

It's a first-

The first rectangular stamp with rounded corners!

11. Dave Bell

"This is for everyone"

Steve Jobs is somebody people will recognise.

He didn't get to send a message to the world from an Olympics Opening Ceremony

12. Herby
    Joke

Are you sure??

Unlike Presley, Jobs has not been sighted in obscure truck stops around the nation.

I hear that there is a ghost at the intersection of I-280 and DeAnza Bvld. That's why the street is named Endless Loop.

13. Graham Marsden
    Gimp

Unlike Presley, Jobs has not been sighted in obscure truck stops around the nation.

But will you be able to go to Las Vegas and get a Steve Jobs lookalike to perform your wedding ceremony...?

14. Terry Cloth
    FAIL

No backside licking necessary

Not to be too picky, but the U.S. has been printing only pre-sticky stamps for years. You peel 'em off a slick backing. I suppose you could lick it, but make sure it doesn't stick to your tongue.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like