back to article Samsung reveals prices, availability dates of 'Pro' tablets

Samsung has announced that three of the four "Pro" tablets it unveiled at last month's Consumer Electronics Show are now available for pre-order, and will ship and be on shelves of US brick-and-mortar stores next Thursday, February 13. 12.2-inch Samsung Galaxy Note Pro with S Pen The surprisingly successful Galaxy Note goes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just buy an Apple...

Samsung can't do quality.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just buy an Apple...

"Dude, you're a barista"

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Dude, you psychic; how in the name of Java could you tell?

2. Dazed and Confused

Re: you're a barista

Hey, don't knock baristas, without Rebecca making my ristrettos I might just cease to function completely.

2. M Gale

Samsung can't do quality.

Which is why Apple use them for so many parts.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Windows 8 inspired. So much for all the haters eh (yeah it sucks on a desktop or laptop, but not tablets).

1. M Gale

It's kinda average on tablets and phones, nothing to make a song and dance over.

And utterly shite on anything else.

Strangely enough, most of the "haters" seem to be saying the same thing you are.

3. Kevin Pollock

I've owned both Apple and Samsung tablets and found they both have great build quality.

As somebody who's getting on a bit I think a 12" form factor has some merits in terms of a replacement for laptops. It's easy to add an external keyboard and mouse for text-intensive work, and then you can just take it away and read the Sunday paper with a decent text size. These prices are a bit steep though.

Hopefully if Samsung proves the value of this form factor we'll get the usual Android competition mechanism happening to drive down prices in a year or so.

And if the form factor fails maybe they'll be selling them off cheaply (like HP and Blackberry had to - both were bargains at the time if you could get one).

1. Professor Clifton Shallot

" if the form factor fails maybe they'll be selling them off cheaply (like HP and Blackberry had to - both were bargains at the time if you could get one)"

In case anyone is interested you can still get the 64GB Blackberry Playbook for under ninety quid from Morgan Computers.

4. Dazed and Confused

A plea to Samsung

Please

Please

Pretty Please

Please

can I now have that screen in a laptop

Please

(a 15" version would be nice too)

1. DRendar

Re: A plea to Samsung

Yes yes YES!

And not just on the top spec models either!

Just because I want a high res screen does NOT automatically mean I want a bloody nuclear reactor in my lap, containing a top end i7, 24Gig of DDR3 1800 and Dual SSD / HDD and a BluRay writer, costing £800+

I want a modest spec - Hell an AMD A10 would be more than sufficient for my purposes

5. Big_Boomer Silver badge

Sue!

How long before Microsoft start screaming about Sammy copying their "Tile" interface? Place yer bets Ladies and Gentlemen please. I reckon it'll take 8 weeks so my date is April Fools Day.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wish to hell those would support Wacom's high-end pens (ie, Cintiq-level with tilt sense etc). But if wishes were horses...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like