back to article Server makers snub whalesong for serious windmill abuse

Car companies have the decency to prop sexy models on top of their gas-guzzling hardware to make it more appealing. The server set does not afford us the same courtesy. As you all know, it's become the rage to talk about how green your data center gear is. Companies like to hype up how their servers reduce carbon emissions and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Brian Miller

Did you expect a T2 or Power6 to get you laid?

Of course they are using envirogasm images to sell their products. Musicians and race car drivers get laid just for being themselves. Thus the only selling point for the new servers is that they use less power, and thus cost less to operate, maybe even on the power from a windmill. (The 95W four-core replaces the 95W single core, etc.) Now, in the back of an old Computer Shopper there was a sexy blonde babe labeled "Intel Inside" but don't expect to see that on IBM's (or Intel's) front page.

2. Herby

Now I understand why eeePc is the way it is...

Perfectly natural. Babe on beach, ploking away on the PC. Servers on the other hand don't have nice keyboards that are transportable to the local beach.

P.S. The ads for stuff like this go back quite some time. Pick a background (background of the day) and the PR company will supply the copy. Then shine a nice green light (you wanna a green coat, ...).

3. Ben

"When Hamsters Cry"

Aaaaaaaaaah hah hah ha ha ha ha ha ......................sob.............I'm waiting for the animated feature film.................with "Hamster X" voiced by Ron Perlman.....soundtrack by Prince ( featuring the hit single " see above ") ......

posable figures by Plastcitat available soon...its going to be SO HOT......

the film being "sponsored" by " xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx corp"

You think Squirrels are mad bad and dangerous? wait till the Hamsters get going.....

4. Andrew Orlowski (Written by Reg staff)

For old time's sake

I know it's mentioned in Ashlee's story, but if you haven't seen -

http://apps.facebook.com/graffitiwall/contest_finalists.php?contest_id=4

Quality

5. Ed
    Happy

Andrew!

Andrew! You're using comments? I assumed you were allergic to them based on the fact that none of your stories have comments enabled?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Ker-rist

A ridiculous way to poach green kudos.

What emblems are left for those in the energy sector to lace their glossy brochures and promo videos with, when sweeping vistas with Vestas become cliché?

7. Morten Ranulf Clausen
    Coat

Is it just me...

...or is the squirrel soliciting to that train? Filthy, filthy stuff. Nasty, nasty Reg. Shame on you.

Mine's the one with the codpiece on the back.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like