back to article HACKLASH! Syrian Electronic Army's website hacked by angry rivals

The notorious hacktivists of the Syrian Electronic Army have received an unwelcome dose of their own medicine, after their official website was defaced by a Turkish hacking crew. TurkGuvenligi compromised the Syrian Electronic Army’s official sea.sy website after the pro-Assad group’s hosting firm was breached. It's unclear …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Semtex451
    Facepalm

A SEAfaring article was long overdue.

Haaaar.

2. mANgLEr

"Other than the modification to the index.html page no changes to the website were made."

That's what they would like you to believe.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ha ha ha ha haah hah haaa

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa..

Oh the irony.

Ego, firmly knocked down

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Time for popcorn !

<ding!> the fight is on !

I don't much care about defacers in general, but when they are defacing each other I'm willing to chuckle.

4. websey

Hahaha,

They just need their twitter account hijacked and some anti-assad tweets sent, or should that be anti-asshat ???

5. asdf

woot

As an American I am just glad we are not involved and not even getting blamed for once (granted our foreign policy does tend to cause that as well as being Israel's bottom b_tch).

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

Re: woot

Not sure why you got the downvotes, it's nice to meet an American who realizes why the country gets blamed so much, it shows there's hope. I have to admit though, I am out with popcorn also to see how this goes :D

2. Asylum Sam

Re: woot

Though currently, the google cache of the defaced page shows much more than is mentioned in the various articles reporting the incident, including what seems to be a tweet warning the SEA not to support annonymous, declaring them 'cyber provocators of U.S' otherwise they would be hacked, , , tenuous, maybe, but I feel we can safely lay the blame for the entire incident at the feet of the U.S ! :)

6. Terry 6 Silver badge

It's somehow weird to think that even the nutters that spend their time searching out security weakpoints can't block their own.

7. Vociferous

Why do they call themselves "syrian electronic army"...

...when they're russians?

1. asdf

Re: Why do they call themselves "syrian electronic army"...

>...when they're russians?

I think you need to say Central Asians and Eastern Europeans as they are probably not all in Russia proper.

1. Bloakey1

Re: Why do they call themselves "syrian electronic army"...

Do not forget that a lot of the NSA 'doodz' are Hispanic, Irish, Jewish ( diaspora from various countries) and even a few WASPs (ditto diaspora above).

This Inertnet <sic> thing is truly a bit of a melting pot of ne'er do wells. Who remembers mike Corley on UK.Misc?

This topic is closed for new posts.