back to article Mobile price competition stirs in Australia

Beleaguered Australian mobile users might be about to get some price relief, if research from Goldman Sachs proves accurate. Vodafone Australia and Optus sub-brand Virgin mobile are leading the charge, the price survey found, both announcing “double data” plans for a limited time. According to Australian telco newsletter …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MrDamage Silver badge
    Flame

Vodafail might be happy with their network

But far, far too many people have put up with their shitty service, and shittier customer service where they attempted to blame their own customers for owning "incompatible" handsets, which Vodafail sold to them in the first place.

I had 10 years of good service with them, followed by 2 year of very fucking poor service that required intervention of the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman to sort out. The fact that the TIO was investigating the matter still didnt stop Vodafail from hiring Debt Collectors to chase me down for money I refused to pay for shithouse service. Their attempt to coerce payment from me by threatening my credit rating only served to get the TIO to come down on them even harder than they were going to initially.

If they were willing to treat a loyal customer that way, theres no fucking way in hell theyre going to get my custom ever again. It'll take the simultaneous meltdown of both Telstra and Optus's networks for that to occur, and even then, I'll consider getting a Sat-phone before going to Voda.

1. Denarius
      Flame

Re: Vodafail might be happy with their network

you were fortunate. SMS always arrived late, sometimes by nearly 18 hours. At least when I went to a carrier that is exhorbitant but had coverage outside of crapital cities Vodafail did not hound me with trivial bills for sending me trivial bills as floptus did. Hell will freeze and thaw before I go near floptus again. I am not alone with that experience. Must have been fullbore PHBs in charge to blow all the anticipation of fair prices and goodwill into burning hate after Floptus came onto scene to challenge Telstra.

2. Denarius
    Unhappy

not a hope

Oz, land of the oligopoly.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not that impressive

I went to the vodafail website and sure enough they have double data allowance.. For all two of their plans and that is after they raised their prices and lowered their data allowance to almost nothing in the last year! Their $30 ones give you 200MB and their $40 gives you $500MB, but wait, you get 4G ....wow... what is the point of 4G if I only have 200-500MB! give me a break... they should die as a company already!

1. ChrisInAStrangeLand

Re: Not that impressive

The point of 4G is latency. Vodafail 3G was over 2000 milliseconds when I flicked them.

4. Faceless Man

"Beleaguered Australian mobile users might be about to get some price relief, if research from Goldman Sachs proves accurate."

i was feeling optimistic until I read the second clause of that sentence. Accuracy is not a common trait of market analysis.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like