back to article Apple's new iPad Mini: ALREADY set for Black Friday PRICE SLASH

The new iPad Mini Retina has barely been available to buy for a few hours but already retailers are talking about discounts. Target has jumped ahead of the pack, by including the Mini in its Black Friday sale. Anyone who buys the fun-sized fondleslab will be handed a $75 gift card to spend on anything else they fancy. Buy the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. eSeM

I am waiting .....

... until I get one free in a packet of Corn Flakes.

:-)

2. i like crisps
    Trollface

"SHIT BINS".....

Knew Apple would like my idea....

3. karlp

This is really funny if people traded in an iPad 1 in the recent 200$ gift card offering and then held the gift card for this promotion, allowing them to effectively get an iPad mini for just a couple bucks, or an Air for 200$.

Someone didn't realize what they were doing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think Target knows what it is doing

If it gets people in the store to drop a few hundred dollars on an iPad, they feel it is likely they'll have other expensive items on their Christmas shopping list that they might also find at Target. Yeah, there will be some people who go there only for the iPad deal and that's it, but I'll bet those people in the minority. Most people don't have the time to go to 15 different stores to get the best deal on every item on their shopping list, so they'll pick and choose a few stores where they can maximize their savings. If there's an iPad on their list, Target is going to be where they go for it if they can save $75 - $100, and they'll cross other items off their list while they're there.

1. xyz Silver badge

Re: I think Target knows what it is doing

I'm from the year 2013 and I use a thing called the internet to do all my shopping as it saves all that tedious mucking about having to rub shoulders with the masses (fragant though fanbois probably are) and someone turns up on my door with said purchases...You shoud try it, it's really easy.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@DougS - "If it gets people in the store to drop a few hundred dollars on an iPad, they feel it is likely they'll have other expensive items on their Christmas shopping list that they might also find at Target."

===========================

So basically, the iPad is no longer a premier gadget, and is now just another loss-leader?

I bought a Nook e-Reader at Target a couple years ago for $40 bucks on Black Friday. Is the iPad the next Nook Reader?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

How does Target choosing to use it as a come on mean it is "no longer a premium gadget"? Apple can't stop retailers from discounting it, and maybe it means a few more sales for Apple. Even if they want a minimum advertised price policy, they aren't about to lift a finger to try to enforce one, what with the ebook settlement still worrying their lawyers...

If Target said "we're giving away 5 iPads to the first people in the door at all our stores", Target would still be paying the full wholesale price to Apple. It doesn't make iPads that people paid full price for worth any less, just means they didn't think a saving a few hundred bucks was worth standing around in the cold all day on Thanksgiving.

1. jai

How does Target choosing to use it as a come on mean it is "no longer a premium gadget"?

Because Jasper is incapable of writing an article without putting an anti-apple spin in there somewhere. It's like muscle-reflex, i suspect he's not even aware he's doing it anymore...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Phonetic

Please, for the love of god, understand just because one says 20 dollars, one does not write 20$.

1. Rukario

Re: Phonetic

> Please, for the love of god, understand just because one says 20 dollars, one does not write 20$.

That's exactly how they write it in Québec.

4. JSrago

This Article is WRONG

Just because the ad says iPad mini doesn't mean the iPad mini with Retina. The $299 model they have is the standard mini - they are trying to entice customers to buy out their old stock with a $75 gift card. If you look on their website the retina models aren't sold in stores or currently available and come at a price mark up from this deal.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like