back to article Facebook profiles go TITSUP! Mystery malady plagues piles of pages

Facebook users have been left in the dark as a chunk of the social network appears to be in the grip of a technical cock-up. Folks have taken to Twitter (natch) to express their frustrations as profile pages have been unable to load for at least an hour. Users trying to access profile pages have met an error messages that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I guess...

The hosting provider (or its admin) have also bought Twitter stocks and saw the opportunity to stir the pot ;)

2. Ketlan
    Happy

Best laugh I've had all day...

'Facebook profiles go titsup!'

Ha. Ha-ha. Ha-ha-ha-ha (gasp) ha-ha (chokes)

Sorry.

1. Anonymous Hero 1

Re: Best laugh I've had all day...

I thought that wasn't allowed.

3. Don Jefe

Are Facebook and Twitter really competitors? I didn't realize that, they seem incredibly different to me. I can post my enlightened dictator manifesto on Facebook. But with Twitter your messages are so short that I could barely get the ful

1. oolor

FTFY

Are Facebook and Twitter really competitors? I didn't realize that, they seem incredibly different to me. I can post my enlightened dictator

4. i like crisps
    Meh

CUKE!!!...It's heaven in a can...

Switched over from Facebook to Friendface ages ago....god i'm thirsty.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NSA

Obviously borrowed the affected profiles, but someone forgot to put them back.....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

you'll have to wait ...

... until the latest NSA slurp has completed, then the profile is yours again

7. GreggS

Iphone

Looks like they've managed to cock their iPhone app up as that still isn't working.

1. GreggS

Re: Iphone

the power of posting on El Reg. looks like they've fixed it now.

8. Marcedwin

Facebook app crashes on startup.

Just updated my Facebook app on iPad with ios7. Crashes at startup now. I hear and see this is a wide spread international problem since today. Have the get their act together?

9. Camilla Smythe

OK...

Part I)

What is Shaun Nichols doing with Chris Williams' FaceBook login credentials. Have we not learned from a recent fiasco that this is not a good idea?

Part II)

What is Chris Williams doing with a FaceBook account? And do not try to claim it is for 'research purposes'.

10. Marcedwin

Working again now. Was prop ably a problem with the site and not the app :-)

11. cmj556

Status updates during the outage are still buggy

I posted something at 7:22am Pacific time and it's till having trouble. I see a notification that there have been 55 likes, but only 6 appear on the post itself. Just an hour ago another few went missing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Status updates during the outage are still buggy

and this sort of thing matters to you?

12. antbite

In a related story...

People around the world wondered if they would ever create another method for people to reach out and find out how someone is doing... oh, wait...

13. Sheep!

Breaking news

Companies around the world show massive upswing in employee productivity. Under 25s seen to be actually TALKING face-to-face with other humans.

It's a brave new world!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like